News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Best Protectant?

Started by boynblue27, November 18, 2011, 04:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boynblue27

I'm trying to find a good product to apply to prevent discoloration from coming back after all the work I put into restoring the original color.  I found some really high priced ones but anyone try this yet?

Mike

Doug Rose

I would try it on a phone I don't care about first.  For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.  I am deep. That is why you hang on to those broken shells, to test on. I leave mine as is once restored....Doug
Kidphone

jsowers

The best protection, if you can swing it, is lack of sunlight. No phones in front of windows. It's the sun that killed them. I would be leery of putting something over the plastic because you may not be able to get it back off. As Doug says, test it on something you can afford to lose.
Jonathan

liteamorn

And there Jonathan is my problem. I have a few nice phones i would love to display and the best room to display them has 4 nice big bright windows that I refuse to keep shuttered. I have been thinking of some kind of glass display case. Taking the glass off of them and have a uv protected clear film (I think they make one for auto glass)put on it.

Ed