"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SUBSET COVERS FOR SALE ON EBAY - AGAIN

Started by kleenax, February 05, 2013, 04:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bones

Quote from: DavePEI on February 27, 2013, 06:13:12 AM
     I will be looking for a 302 base to use with the cover. It is truly a mystery as to where they have gone!

Dave

Dave, I noticed Ray's auction mentioned:

" Please note that this auction is for the subset cover only; the 302 internals are not included, but all are available at a slight extra cost."

I have no 302 bases, and am already two subsets in deficit, so I was wondering:

"Ray, how much extra to include a base?" I saw on an earlier post in this thread that you have 100~ish in your possession...

I'd rather ask through this forum, than the impersonal eBay message.

Thanks, in advance,  for your anticipated response!

Best regards,

Terrence
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

kleenax

Hey Terrence; thanks for asking!

I usually sell the complete 302 base for the same as the covers; $25.00. I have to tell you that the reason that I sell them for that price (and not less) is because whenever I cast a nice 302 body, I don't want to have to wait to find a nice 302 base to mount it to!  That's why I end up with a lot of 302 bases; I pick them up whenever I see a nice one that I know will compliment a "new" 302! Then, I periodically end up with a LOT of them!  :o
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Mr. Bones

Quote from: kleenax on February 27, 2013, 10:14:27 AM
Hey Terrence; thanks for asking!

I usually sell the complete 302 base for the same as the covers; $25.00. I have to tell you that the reason that I sell them for that price (and not less) is because whenever I cast a nice 302 body, I don't want to have to wait to find a nice 302 base to mount it to!  That's why I end up with a lot of 302 bases; I pick them up whenever I see a nice one that I know will compliment a "new" 302! Then, I periodically end up with a LOT of them!  :o

Thanks for the response, Ray!

$25.00 is perfectly acceptable to me for a known-good 302 base, from somebody whose credulity I trust, vs. pig-in-a-poke ePay bases.

That being said, I am curious; how does your casting process work? I am intimately familiar with injection moulding, having worked in all phases of said operation. We did HDPE, LDPE, polystyrene, blends, and more...in every colour of the imaginable rainbow.

Also, my Da' was a tool and die maker for over 50 years, (human CNC machine, no lie!). He worked for Winchester before WWII, then went into injection moulding, afterwards.

Many, many things you have seen, touched, held, and owned in your life started with his drawings, wooden prototype(s), then his hand-machined master moulds.

I'll be ordering one of your 302 covers quite soon, no doubt! 8)

Best regards,

Terrence

Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Dennis Markham

I will throw my comments into the ring regarding these subset covers as well.  I bought a couple of them from Ray at his TCI phone show in Mason, MI in 2005.  Since then I've purchased several more.  I'm lucky enough to have one in Ivory that was a good match for one of my Ivory Continentals.  The covers really work nice, look nice and even polish up nice with Novus2.

I for one really appreciate the fine job Ray does.  The subset covers work and look great!

It's always a pleasure to speak with Ray when I attend the show in Mason.  I look forward to April for the 2014 show.