News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cheap but very nice metal body SC 1243

Started by Butch Harlow, February 10, 2019, 10:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Watched this on Ebay all week the week before last. Was somewhat surprised that it had no bids and few watchers. It's nothing terribly special, but it was nicely repainted and has new, very soft and flexible cloth cords. It could use a new dial card and plastic center. It works very well, is very clean, and has a lovely ring. Being a WE kind of guy, this is out of my normal range. I have to admit it is a very nicely built phone, is very heavy, and works as well as its WE 302 counterpart. I still do not know why I managed to get it so cheap.

SC1243

Butch Harlow

Bob S

Nice Phone I have one it was a 1244 I believe I got it for next to nothing and put dial in it from a second SC I got that was broken Heavy phone I think nearly 7 pounds. Works great.

paul-f

Congratulations on getting a real beauty.

I grew up relatively close to the SC plant and, as I recall, we had a manual 1243 that was replaced with a 1543, later upgraded to dial in a dial conversion when I was young. It was quite exciting. My dad had an 1198 on his desk at work. Too bad I wasn't collecting phones then.

Our 1243 wasn't as pretty as yours, though.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

HarrySmith

A cool phone and a great price. Nice find! Congrats!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

I would like one of those myself - a really smart phone. Lucky you, what a bargain too.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Real nice find Butch. The SCs just don't sell like the WEs. To me, they are a sharp looking phone....Doug
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

Thanks for the edit John. How did you combine the two screenshots into one? I had 6 pics to upload so I was unable to put the screenshot of the auction up without a second post. If I knew how to do that it'd be different. Either way, thanks.
Butch Harlow