News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Really Nice Manual Kellogg 1000

Started by Doug Rose, December 28, 2015, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This guy was in tough condition when Janet found it this summer. The paint came off in one sheet with Citrix Stripper and this Pewter color phone was left. I was going to have it painted, but I decided it looked really cool as is.....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Doug,

Did you take any before pictures?

Now, yes indeed, that is a very sharp looking phone. The red bar fits the dark gray better than the original black, IMHO.

Nice restoration, as usual.

Doug Rose

John...it was just a badly scratched black paint job so I did not bother with before pics I was actually taking the paint off to get it repainted and was pleasantly surprised with the result...Doug
Kidphone

Mr. Bones

Very nice phone, Doug! 8)

I have only one 1000, and, alas, it is not a metal one.

I certainly hope that you are  getting around better, and less painfully! Be extra careful when it's slickery underfoot!

Bones
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Buzby

19and41

That really makes me wonder what one would look like with a polish and a hot bluing?
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Doug Rose

It will be on eBay this Sunday as I have no room. $100 delivered in US if you want it now. PM me if interested..Doug
Kidphone

Buzby

Quote from: TelePlay on December 28, 2015, 11:04:21 AM
Doug,

Did you take any before pictures?

Now, yes indeed, that is a very sharp looking phone. The red bar fits the dark gray better than the original black, IMHO.

Nice restoration, as usual.

I may be wrong, but I think that is the phone Doug showed me last week, and I can attest that it was in a sorry looking state.

Doug Rose

Jonathan....it was the phone you saw sitting on my work bench last week with the AE handset that was on it. ...Doug
Kidphone

Buzby

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 28, 2015, 08:54:33 PM
Jonathan....it was the phone you saw sitting on my work bench last week with the AE handset that was on it. ...Doug

Wow!

That is one big transformation. If it wasn't for me showing the wife the phone and her asking if you showed it to me, the old brain cogs wouldn't have connected.

Once again, from someone who saw the before, that looks mighty good, and night and day away from the original.

Dan/Panther

They always remind me of a 5302 on steroids, or fat.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Phonesrfun

-Bill G