News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ouch! I'm home with the flu!

Started by Bill Cahill, December 02, 2009, 08:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

My grandpa talks about winter of 47 or 48, can't remember at the moment.  The entire city of Milwaukee was shut down.  People were stranded and neighbors were going out to shovel out streetcars because even they couldn't move.  Musta been wild to see that big city that quiet.
- Tom

Phonesrfun

Looking at the news tonight, it does not look good for you folks in the midwest.  Out here in the lawless wild, wild west, it's just plain cold.  No clouds, no percip.  Just cold.

-Bill G

bwanna

great! i plan to head to the west side of the state thursday am.   here is their forecast...4-6" tonight, 4-6" tomorrow, 2-4" tomorrow night & SIGNIFICANT snowfall on thursday. if all  that's predicted between now& thurs is not significant....what is ??? :o   apparently the 4 feet dennis refers too.
donna

Phonesrfun

And I am sure you will be barefoot and it will be uphill going both ways.

::)
-Bill G

AET

Thirteen inches of snow expected tomorrow. I already called into work so did ma. And schools are closed too.
- Tom

Dennis Markham

AND Donna, they're forecasting winds to gust to 55 mph Wednesday night into Thursday.  That almost sounds like a blizzard. 

JorgeAmely

It was very cold in southern Californy last night. It dropped below 32. This morning my car had frost on the windshield, so I thought hosing off the ice with water would be a good idea.

Trouble is the water in the garden hose was frozen.

Message from Forum members from MI to Jorge: "Amateur"  :o ;D :o ;D :o ;D
Jorge

Phonesrfun

Where's global warming when you need it....

-Bill G

bwanna

jorge.. here in MI we have remote starters on our cars, gets them nice& toasty warm before we leave the house. ;)

tom....wuss...gonna let just 13 inches of snow keep ya home ::)

dennis, we have 50mph gusts  predicted for tommorrow in SE MI.... hope i don't have to work "in the air" :'(

bill....i have boots :)
donna

Bill Cahill

Better thee than me............. ;D :D
I used to be a Michiganian. Now, I'm a whimp, and, proud of it....  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

QuoteAh, nothin'!
I remember the storm ofI believe it was 1970.
Detroit got that nasty one from Canada. We had 8 feet of snow, with snow  gusts of up to 12 feet. Wind was high, and, we got down to something like  -32 F. Now, THAT'S cold!
My bosss Craig, and, I were on a service call, and, then, he bought a used truck.
Battery died, and, gass froze...
Traffic along 8 mile road was only crawling along at about 15 mph.
Oh, was that NASTY!!!!
Bill Cahill

Hey I can top that, why it nearly snowed here once.  White flaky things fell from the sky for about 10 minutes, and vanished when they hit the ground.  Mrs. Goetjen, my 6th grade teacher, let us go out and "play in the snow".   :D

bwanna

bill, wish i could be a whimp, too ;D  about 3-4" snow fell last nite. now it is raining. & windy. hopefully the extra weight of being soaking wet, will keep me from blowing away. :o :-[
donna