"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lancaster Show “Finds”

Started by compubit, June 11, 2018, 10:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

Here's what I picked up "New to me" in Lancaster:

From "Cowboy Frank" Harrell (who was clearing out stuff after selling his house and going on the road full time) is :
- White 2851 (one fewer in my list for the white collection)
- Beige 2660 Single-line Card dialer (finally a working card dialer)
- 620A Panel (1A2 with cards) (I have one Panel, but wanted a second to build out the system)
- a few other small 1A2 adapters
I'm not sure how much I paid for these (He was donating his proceeds to TCI, so I fed him money throughout the weekend - as people bought stuff from me - over $100)

From another collector:
- Copper Automatic Electric 95 Panel Phone (first one I had seen with my own eyes) - and this one has the mounting box : $25
I like the look of this over the WE - the copper really "glows"

From the redistribution pile:
- French Socotel S63 Ivory Phone, with the "Mother in Law" earpiece : $0
This has the French plug, so I need to find an adapter or pin out to figure out where Ring and Tip are...

For the Find of the Month, trying to decide between the Panel Phone and the Socotel...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Jim Stettler

And that is why we attend telephone shows,
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

compubit

I did, however, nearly clear my table of Trimlines and other miscellaneous 70s vintage phones. I came home with fewer phones than I left with, so that part is good!

J
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Pourme

~

I must say....

I like your decorative "Cookie jar of colorful cords"....

Nice touch.... ;)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Sargeguy

Quote from: Pourme on June 12, 2018, 06:54:49 AM
~

I must say....

Nice touch.... ;)

My cardboard box of ratty cloth cords does not look nearly as nice!!!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

RB

Hey!... some different phones to look at!
Nice find! 8)

oldguy

Great finds. After seeing your 1A2. I have to start doing research on wiring up my 1A2 system. there just seems to be so many wires :) :)
Gary

compubit

Quote from: Pourme on June 12, 2018, 06:54:49 AM
~

I must say....

Nice touch.... ;)
That was my mom's idea from her last visit (and seeing my basement...). I have 2 - the large one seen here and a smaller one on my dining room table (along with computer stuff right now). Easy to do, especially if you have many different colored cords (or a bunch of the same colored ones).

Jim

compubit

Almost forgot the near mint Western Electric 50A1 Portable Speakerphone. It works like a charm - may need to fix gute out how to use it at work  ;)

Jim