News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Latest $50 FB marketplace haul

Started by allnumbedup, July 03, 2023, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allnumbedup

I purchased seven plastic bins, full of phones and phone parts. I laid them out in a park nearby because water had leaked into some of the bins and they need drying out —-fortunately, mostly into the bin with the Suttle plastic parts only. The age of the items was oldest —302 phones in roached condition to 1980,s cat five cabling push down blocks. There is also a metetech 480 underground cable and pipe locating device which hopefully works for resale. Lots of useful parts. Most of the phones are Western Electric a couple of intact open finger wheels, 5 colored G6 handsets, 10 colored stippled pattern 12 button faceplates, different external ringers, princess transformers, princess cord modular adapters,  couple of good porcelain dial plates on the 302s and my favorite item is the "private line" dial card as shown.  The first picture is a screenshot of the sellers text response when I told her I picked up the phones from her husband. He has had these in bins for "20 years" and hasn't gotten around to doing anything with them yet so I guess she was glad to see them go and I am up next.
Analog Phones for a Digital World

LarryInMichigan

I don't notice anything exceptionally valuable in the lot, but you should certainly be able to resell the various parts for at least ten times what you paid.

Larry

AL_as_needed

It's hauls like this that keep the hobby alive and parts available. Those top dollar pieces are always nice to find for our own collections, but sometimes you just need a plain dial mechanism or a set of elements. Good find!
TWinbrook7