News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new Concorde Blue 706

Started by Tom B, October 18, 2012, 11:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom B

I was quite lucky to get this '66 phone off eBayUK for £19.99 ($32.00) + postage. Seems like it flew under the general radar as other CB's have been going for much higher prices - Its actually in excellent condition, better than the photos show. Works great too.
Tom

twocvbloke

Very nice indeed, the Concorde Blue is a nice colour (well, the non-faded original colour), I wouldn't mind getting a CB 700 series myself, just so I'd have one... :D

Though personally I'd want an unconverted phone, I prefer those as they're original... :)

Tom B

Here's the Blue 706 next to the Med Blue 500. Both prime examples of their type. I'm rather pleased to have them together.
Tom

TelePlay

Very nice. When I bought my black 706, the seller also had a Concorde Blue listed at the same price, about $76 plus shipping totaling about $110. I really liked the blue but needed the black. Watching that blue being listed and re-listed several times but it's no longer on eBay. Looking at yours, it reminded me that the blue I was watching looked green and the seller said it was a green phone which scared me away. Guess all it needed was a peroxide treatment. Price was still to high for a "nice to have but don't need it" phone.

Tom B

The colour in the photo is pretty much how the phone looks, which is excellent for a 46 year old phone. No real fade which is not common for this colour, as most of the ones I've been looking at have faded to a dark green. Like I said I think I got very lucky with this one, both condition and price. Exactly as with my Med Blue 500 - all original, no fade and cost me only £29 ($45).
Tom

kleenax

Very nice!

I especially like the looks of the matching fingerwheel.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Maybe a find of the month?

Terry

Tom B

Terry
Posted in find of the month for October 2012

Tom
Tom

gpo706

i have a 706 and a 746 "Concorde Blue", the 706 seems to have fared better from "green-ification" maybe because of the different plastics used, mint examples (not my two by a long shot) look stunningly nice.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Tom B

Hi Scot
The overall condition of this phone is top notch - the underside designation "706 PLA66/2A" is still bright white; the whole of the phone is in as new condition. As I said earlier, I was fortunate to be the only bidder on the phone - definitely missed by other collectors.
I'll post some more photos of the phone when its done its turn as one of the daily drivers.
Tom

gpo706

I think PLA = Plessey, and 66 = 1966, so its quite an old concorde blue, don't know when this colour was introduced though
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Quote from: gpo706 on October 21, 2012, 12:15:59 AM
I think PLA = Plessey, and 66 = 1966, so its quite an old concorde blue, don't know when this colour was introduced though

Plessey of Ilford, Essex... :)

All the manufacturer codes are here:

http://www.britishtelephones.com/manucode.htm

LM Ericsson

I REALLY REALLY want one of those in THAT color!!
Regards,
-Grayson

Tom B

Got to agree - it is the 706 to have... along with the 2 tones, the black, the ivory, the topaz, and so on...the concorde blue is the business
Tom

twocvbloke

Quote from: Tom B on October 21, 2012, 01:38:28 PM
Got to agree - it is the 706 to have... along with the 2 tones, the black, the ivory, the topaz, and so on...the concorde blue is the business

My next 706 would have to be a Two-tone green, I like the TTG phones, especially if it has the darker green dial surround...  ;D