News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

German "Maingau" Phone

Started by LarryInMichigan, September 17, 2014, 03:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

The same radio museum site also has a list of the MPA codes, seems to be the same that I have:
http://www.radiomuseum.org/museum/d/bakelitmuseum-im-alten-amtshaus-kierspe/.html

LarryInMichigan

The phone has been reassembled.  The transmitter had far too much gain and made alot of static noise, so I connected a 330Ω resistor in parallel with it, and it sounds much better, though still not very good.

Here are a few 'after' pictures.

Larry

unbeldi

Looks nice, I would be proud to own it.

LarryInMichigan

Is this phone supposed to have a spring somewhere under the cradle?  When I lift the handset, the hook switch doesn't always close completely, so I have to pull the cradle with my fingers.

Larry

Matilo Telephones

It looks really good now, Larry. Very well done.

Mine has no spring with the plunger. The spring is in the hookswitch. Probably it is running a bit dry or it is sticky. Clean the holes and plunger, oil it very very lightly, I'd say.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

I decided to take this phone off the shelf and dust it off a bit.  I noticed that there was a bakelite ring inside the transmitter cup which fit around the transmitter capsule.  With that ring removed, there was enough space for an AE type 41 transmitter to fit, so I bent the contacts inside the handset a bit and installed an AE transmitter, and now the phone is usable with crackling noises.

Larry

migette

Larry finally got the phone working thanks to your diagram, very pleased as all the bits are original including transmitter and receiver although a bit noisy and that's to be expected. The cradle spring is on the phone under the contacts and not on the cover,this may help as I know this was mentioned. Thanks again another phone for the collection.