News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red thermoplastic 302

Started by Doug Rose, August 24, 2016, 08:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Thanks Unbeldi.  I didn't pay close enough attention to see the phone in question was from 1941.

Dennis

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: poplar1 on August 26, 2016, 08:28:34 PM
New 6D dials, the replacement for 5Js,  could be ordered with black cases rather than white, according to the 1957 Graybar catalog. Is your black 5J new or refurbished?
It definitely looks new. There are no refurb markings on the back of the dial, and no indication of white paint anywhere .
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

Great refurb, Doug! I've seen a prewar Blue, prewar Ivory...never a prewar Red! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Babybearjs

I'm jealous.... I'd love to have a colored 302....
John

Doug Rose

This was on my list to fix so I made it work with 41 parts that I had. I think the handset cord is a line cord, but this still displays wonderfully. Handset is the '53 hollow, but color matches well. I was hoping for a red dial blank but that's not going to happen.

Sitting on a shelf it looks perfect, just need matching plungers and either  5J or a 6D...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Forgot the 41 parts

Kidphone

Pourme

Nice job, Doug!....

Happy Thanksgiving!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

poplar1

Quote from: Doug Rose on November 24, 2016, 11:31:53 AM
I think the handset cord is a line cord, but this still displays wonderfully....

The conductors are red, black and white, which is correct for a WE handset cord. Should have H3C, 4-0, and the date on the restraint.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

If anyone is looking for a real nice Christmas gift for themselves......I have decided to sell it. Sitting on a shelf it looks wonderful. Message me with an offer if you are interested. This is an old '41 shell...Doug

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Kidphone