News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally a Kellogg Ashtray with No Chips Cracks or Missing Pieces Finally

Started by Doug Rose, September 14, 2016, 07:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have been collecting a long time and I never have been able to get a perfect Kellogg ash tray. Always a little chips or a crack in the back...but Finally I got one. It was just listed Monday when I saw it. Seller double boxed it and I received it today. Beautiful Bakelite with its original luster.

Patience!

I love manual sets...Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201667240059?
Kidphone

Doug Rose

All of these I have had were marked 925. This is marked 930 C LR. Not sure if that is a manual number or this is a slightly different set. ...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

wds

It's a local battery version.  It would be interesting to see a picture of the inside.
Dave

Doug Rose

Here is the inside, cut cords were tied and a (expletive deleted) to get out, no room...I am thrilled with this,...Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

I'm jealous....There is no better looking phone ever produced, truly representative of the era.

Is this one a keeper?
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Gary Z

They are VERY hard to find damage free. It is such a beautiful looking phone and that one looks ready for display. Deco at it's best.  I'm surprised they do not attract more $$. Congrats!

wds

What's also nice about the phone is the feet are still in good shape.  I rarely see a 925 or a 900 where the feet aren't either melted flat, or completely gone.  I would find a parts phone and swap out the insides and make it a working phone.
Dave

Dennis Markham

Doug Rose

Thanks guys....this was sitting on a shelf in my phone room last night.  It is a keeper.  It will be kept in its original state.  I added a pair of old SC cloth cords that look very close to the Kellogg cords, kind of a greenish brown cloth.  I had been hanging on to these for years. I just got lucky...right place ..right time. The Bakelite is superb, great original luster. I don't think it was used much.  Zero wear. As Dave noted,  the feet are great. Tom, the seller is looking at joining the Forum. There are still a lot of collectors who don't know about us, keep spreading the word......Doug
Kidphone