News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson 2554 New in the Box

Started by wds, June 22, 2017, 08:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Found this new in the box SC 2554 on Ebay for a BIN of $25.  Probably not the best price, but the phone is definitely unused, complete with the original packaging and instruction sheets.  It's dated 1980, so I'm surprised that it doesn't have modular cords.  Not sure if I'm going to hang it on the wall and use it, or keep it in the box.
Dave

unbeldi

Brown must have been a new color for the 1980s or so.

Sometime in the 1970s, the color palette was ivory, beige, turquoise, blue, pink, yellow, green, red, black, gray, and white.

Does it have a straight-line ringer or is the P suffix indicative of a 66 Hz frequency ringer ?
WA means a gong ringer.

wds

Straight Line - I plugged it in to test the phone and ringer was nice and loud.  I did not take the phone apart, and probably should have before I boxed it back up.
Dave

unbeldi

Quote from: wds on June 22, 2017, 08:36:34 PM
Straight Line - I plugged it in to test the phone and ringer was nice and loud.  I did not take the phone apart, and probably should have before I boxed it back up.

Thanks.   So, WA must mean straight line gong ringer, while a 66 Hz gong ringer would be WP.
So, the P suffix to 2554B is still a unexplained, as is HM.   M = modular ?  HM = half modular ?

wds

I'll open it up tomorrow and take more pictures.  Also, there is more paperwork that might help decode the numbers.

On the 1243 a W meant no ringer, WA meant straight line ringer.
Dave

wds

inside
Dave