"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Invitation to The Conference Call

Started by paul-f, April 23, 2010, 12:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 24, 2010, 10:50:53 PM
I plan to log on at about 1-2 minutes after 5:00 P.M., that will give others time to log on. After I log on I will ask for a moment to switch from the push button to the D177001-125 ( There Paul, I said It ).
Then I will make a short statement.
D/P
Hear, Hear!
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

I'll make a point of being there on time, unless I forget.  Just wanted to know the specifics.  
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

paul-f

Quote from: Brinybay on April 24, 2010, 08:12:19 PM
Do we have to call in at exactly that time, or can we be "fashionably late"?  IOW, if we forget or are running late, can we butt in shortly after 5pm?

The conference service will accept your call and connect it to the conference whether you are a few minutes early or any time during the call.

The default setting is to have a chime sound whenever anyone joins the conference, so everyone knows there's a newcomer.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Kenny C

I know that this sounds bad but pray that i do not have to go to church tommorrow night
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Please be careful what you ask for, you may not like how your prayer gets answered. Go to church, I will personally call you if you miss the conference call.
Just P.M. me your phone number.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

greg....i'm gonna set my alarm for a few minutes before the call time in case i get busy. i am guessing i will be watching the clock, waiting for this highly anticipated event, tho. :)

kenny, d/p is right.
donna

Kenny C

my dad and brother have to mow a yard today so I will be here

I feel bad after i said that
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Kenny C

do i dail one before the long number
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

I have a family function , but I would love the recording of the call to be available. Have fun guys!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
Unless you live in the 712 area then yes you will have to dial a one first.
If you live in the 712 calling area, all you need to do is dial the 432-3900.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Well this is being written as we in the conference call.  The sound is great, nice and clear and crisp.  I'm using the AT and T landline service and no problems.

Good statement D/P!  I agree that in 62 years that phone will still be usable.  

It's also pretty cool to hear all the various voices of the members of the forum, put a voice to a name.

It seems that the oldest phone in the call is a 1915 candlestick, that's 88 years of difference in age between my 2003 500 and the candlestick. 

JorgeAmely

I joined the call a little late, and everyone sounded well on the line. D/P's phone sounded strong, for being 62 years old! I had to switch phones at the end, so I used my birthday phone.

Jorge

Russ Kirk

Hi,

I enjoyed the call very much.

Russ Kirk
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Adam

Hi!  I just joined this system, and I missed the conference call by about 15 minutes!  :-(

Are these done on a regular basis?

Also, is there a SIP address to access this conference system on?

-Dave Haber
Massapequa Telephone
C*NET 1-798-7619
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Jim Stettler

This was the first conference call. There is talk about maybe doing one monthly.
Welcome to the forum Dave.
Jim S.
Jim Stettler
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.