News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Reproduction Candlestick Update.

Started by Dan/Panther, November 03, 2008, 01:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

A few weeks back, you may recall I posted about a Candlestick phone I had purchased. It turned out to be a reproduction.
Well when I got it, I compared it to the real thing, and did some thinking.
I bought a number 5 dial, which BDM immediately wanted to know what I was going to do with it.

Well I have been busy, and I thought I would post a teaser.

Below are two photos, the first is the phone as I received it.
The second photo is a sneak peek at what it looks like now.
I will update as I progress.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Here is a second shot of the refurbished rip off 50AL.
Anything resembling a scratch or mark on the paint is purely your eyes playing tricks, or a refection. The finish is turning out flawless.
I never realized how much nicer a paint job can be when dried in an oven. It must allow the paint to flow, and elimates Orange peel effect.
I'm working on the transmitter. Working with that Kellogg transmitter sure speeded up work on this one. Very similar.

D/P

Mark Stevens

Holy cow, this is like a strip-tease!  :o

Dan/Panther

You ain't seen nuttin yet........Al Jolson.

Wait till She takes the top off.

D/P

Dan/Panther

Well I waited long enough to try to find a dial card holder, so I took one from another phone, stripped it down and repainted it, and made a new dial card, and plastic insert.
I still need to find the exact way to wire it up so I can try it out. So far all components work, according to my tester.
I'm not going to repost the before, as it's up above, so here goes the finished product.
Keep in mind that originally, this phone had mostly Automatic Electric parts, and now has mostly origibnal W.E parts except for the earpiece, which eventually will be W.E also.
Originally on the back of the transmitter housing it had the marking November 10, 1913, which according to my research is the death kiss of the rip off repos, well I took the transmitter housing, and very carefully from the inside, pounded all of those  cursed letters and numbers flast, sanded them smooth then repainted the housing. The only part I need is the original curved name tag under the mouth piece. I founds one on ebay, but the wording is all wrong, why do they go to all trhe trouble duplicating these tags, then word them incorrectly, or the water declas, for Kellogg oak cabinets are close but you can tell not original, and the flaws would be very easy to fix with photoshop???

Enjoy....

D/P

McHeath

Ooooo, you've been turning a sow's ear into a silk purse.