"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Feet on a 5302.

Started by Dan/Panther, May 16, 2010, 05:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I have a couple questions.
Notice the screw on rubber feet mentioned elsewhere as being on 500 sets. Did new 5302's come with those feet ?
Also the cork pads, were they phone company it,ms or aftermarket. I got a 500 that had 1 on one of the feet. It looked professionally made.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

I think most/all  of the colored 5302's came with rubber feet. some of the black ones did as well.
I think the cork was added if their were complaints about sliding.
The rubber/ cork pads came out early and there are BSP referances to use them on round and oval based sets.

I think that any of the pads you find were installed by the phone company. Maybe not as manufactored but on a service call.

I have seen them used on round, oval 302's,5302's and on some 500's.

I have seen replacement base felt with impressions for adding the pads.

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

I had some awhile back that came in a Bell System package with a KS number. They were used on 202s to keep them from sliding on your furniture.....Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

Mine has leather feet.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

benhutcherson

I've seen plenty of 302s with rubber feet, but never a 5302(and I've handled a bunch of them). I'm not surprised to see one, but I don't think they're all that common.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: benhutcherson on May 16, 2010, 09:23:33 PM
I've seen plenty of 302s with rubber feet, but never a 5302(and I've handled a bunch of them). I'm not surprised to see one, but I don't think they're all that common.

I just modified my early post to say what I meant it to say.

I think that most or all of the colored 5302's had rubber feet. some of the black ones did too.  I have seldom seen the cork pads on the 302's, 5302's or 500's. Mainly I see them on the 202's.

I have a "war Shortage" B-1 round base set that has a fiber-ish base plate. It has indentations for cork pads. I have also seen replacement D-1 (oval base) felt that had markings for the pads. I have also seen the directions for applying the pads in a bsp, (This was for oval base and maybe rd. base phones).

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.