bingster

Hard question.  I don't have that many, but I guess it would be the 1/57 500U:
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

I would keep my Early 500.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

My avatar phone

A close second is my two tone oxford gray 500

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

DARK FATHER

Tough question.  I need THIS one for when there is trouble in the city...

I MIGHT be able to part with this one since it is rather "plane"...

This one makes me feel "boxed" in...

"WE" have a winner!  This is the phone that I would have to keep!

finlover

Boooooooo--and I thought MY jokes were corny! ;D  Nice 202, Dark Father!

Doug Rose

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 14, 2010, 10:23:40 PM
It's nothing pretty, nothing fancy, nothing rare.....but my April 1955 Model 500 was born on the same day I was.  It is dated 4-22-55, even the 3rd shift.  I was born just before midnight on that Friday.  It sits on the night stand along side my bed.
Dennis....It doesn't get any better than this. What a cool find....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

You can have my phones when you pry them from my cold dead hands ;)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

JorgeAmely

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 14, 2010, 10:23:40 PM
It's nothing pretty, nothing fancy, nothing rare.....but my April 1955 Model 500 was born on the same day I was.  It is dated 4-22-55, even the 3rd shift.  I was born just before midnight on that Friday.  It sits on the night stand along side my bed.

Dennis: Nice set. It doesn't get any more "date correct" than that, with all elements and housing pointing to the same day.
Jorge

jsowers

My favorite phone is my dark gray 554, which may also be the rarest. A close second is my yellow 1955 500 with gray cords that I haven't touched. This is how it came to me. There's another yellow phone that I won't post, but Dennis knows which one it is.
Jonathan

Dave F

Quote from: jsowers on October 15, 2010, 04:35:30 PM
My favorite phone is my dark gray 554, which may also be the rarest. A close second is my yellow 1955 500 with gray cords that I haven't touched. This is how it came to me. There's another yellow phone that I won't post, but Dennis knows which one it is.

Love that 554.  Come to think of it, the yellow 500 ain't too shabby either!!

JorgeAmely

Quote from: jsowers on October 15, 2010, 04:35:30 PM
... There's another yellow phone that I won't post, but Dennis knows which one it is.

Jonathan:

We can tell Dennis not to look at the picture while the rest of the forum members take a quick peek at it. Would that be OK with you? I want to see the picture ....
Jorge

JimH

Probably my 1965 Gold 500.  It's the same year as I was born, and I always think of it as my "one in a million" phone, although I don't know what it's initial use was.  I know that it's a factory job, though.  I've just always liked it.
Jim H.

Phonesrfun

Maybe Auric Goldfinger used it to call James Bond.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Thank Jorge, it is right on the money with the correct date.  Jonathan that Dark Gray 554 is really nice.  As you know that's now the only color missing from my soft plastic 554 collection---and maybe a clear one if they made those in clear.

It's OK, you can post a picture of that OTHER yellow 500.  This one sure is nice too.  What are the dates on this Yellow, with the gray coiled cord?  (What dates in 1955?).

JimH that is a very nice phone.  I have a Princess in that color but it has an Ivory handset. 

Some nice phones showing up here. Great topic, Finlover!  Let see more!