News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

684A subset found at antique store.

Started by Greg G., June 06, 2011, 04:08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

A couple weeks ago I showed gf an antique store that I have visited in the past, but it wasn't open the day I showed her.  She made a note of when it was open and asked to go there during business hours.  Just so happens I was looking for a subset for that phone she wants (WE D1), so now I have one.  It's hard to find these with the wooden backplate.  $29 was a good price I felt.  Especially if it works (hooked it up, works fine).  This particular antique store is more like the second hand stores I remember from the mid-60s, kinda disorganized and filled with stuff from the 30s.

The previous owner attached a short spade-to-mod line cord and color-coded the phone-to-subset terminal screws, bless their heart!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

That was a real good buy, Briny.  You won't find one on eBay for $29.  At least I don't recall seeing one go that low.

Greg G.

You can't see it too well in the picture, but the wooden backplate has "154A" engraved in it.  Is that the part number for the wooden backplate?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Quote from: Brinybay on June 06, 2011, 03:07:37 PM
You can't see it too well in the picture, but the wooden backplate has "154A" engraved in it.  Is that the part number for the wooden backplate?

Yes.
-Bill G

Sargeguy

A bargain at twice the price!!!  Maybe 3X the price with the board and no S&H
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409