News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GPO 332

Started by wds, March 11, 2013, 07:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Purchased this GPO 332 for $33 including shipping.  Seemed like a good price, but is missing the tray.  Needs some cleaning but the phone works and rings.  Does anyone know if these trays are available, even an aftermarket tray?
Dave

twocvbloke

Not sure about the drawers, but there are replacement drawer blanks from here, assuming they ship internationally:

http://www.gpospares.co.uk/

Aswell as a few other parts... :)

LarryInMichigan

Dave,

How do you keep doing it :)?  It looks like the bakelite is in great condition under the paint splatter.

I have two of these, and both have blank plates instead of drawers.

Larry

wds

other than the missing drawer, and the chip in the receiver cap (posted in your PMG thread) the phone is perfect.  Some paint splatters and needs polished up.  Sooner or later I'll find a drawer.  Good find I think.
Dave

kleenax

Quote from: wds on March 11, 2013, 07:08:45 PM
Purchased this GPO 332 for $33 including shipping.  Seemed like a good price, but is missing the tray.  Needs some cleaning but the phone works and rings.  Does anyone know if these trays are available, even an aftermarket tray?
I think that I have an original tray/drawer for that. I also have the original blanking plate that goes on there too if you would prefer that.

Drop me an email: kleenax@gmail.com
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

wds

Update on the phone - thanks to Kleenax  (Ray) I now have a tray for the phone.  Now I just need some time to clean the phone up a little.  Slight crack on the tray which I hope to be able to buff out along with the rest of the phone.  
Dave

WesternElectricBen

When in England I saw at least 3 of the in the hotel lobby with cloth cords, I was unsure what the drwar was.

Super cool phone

Ben

twocvbloke

The drawer is there to house a list of phone numbers, such as local services, or codes to dial for different exchanges, aswell as a notepad for writing things down or just doodling while talking on the phone... :)

I think later or refurbished models (such as this one, vinyl cables being the clue) omitted the drawer as they were eventually replaced with a phonebook... :)

Owain

Owain

The 965 exchange code belongs to ELGar, which used to be ELG or 354 before the change to all-figure dialling.

Note the Exchange name possibly predates the adjacent street name

http://www.rhaworth.myby.co.uk/phreak/tenp_01.htm#e_elg

wds

I picked up another 332.  This one was made by ATM for GPO.  ATM model # L11568 (Automatic Telephone Manufacturing Company - subsidiary of Automatic Electric).  A little damage on the front of the drawer, but otherwise in good shape.   Great price - $29 including shipping. 
Dave