News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory Ae50

Started by jfrutschy, June 14, 2013, 12:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrutschy

What do you all think of that one listed on EBay???   I have negotiated it down to $735.   As this is my first colored collectable one I am just interested in all your opinions on the amount.  It would be a great addition to my collection of ae50's that I have restored.

WesternElectricBen

They were selling a Pink 302 at lancaster for 500 dollars with out any corner cracks, and as far as I know, pink is worth more than ivory... Maybe if you stopped by a phone show you could find one cheeper...

jfrutschy

A corner crack on the Ivory one...I will have to look closer.  Thank You.  Wher is lancaster I would like to see a pink one??

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: jfrutschy on June 14, 2013, 02:17:25 PM
A corner crack on the Ivory one...I will have to look closer.  Thank You.  Wher is lancaster I would like to see a pink one??

The shows over but I can relate you to the image, the second to the left and 5 down.

http://events.telephonecollectors.info/2013/Lancaster/gallery.htm

jfrutschy

Many Thanks,  looks like the next one in Canada???   Never been to one, beginning to like this more than the World Series.  Can't spot the crack best get my reader's on haha

HarrySmith

That sounds like a lot of money to me. Admittedly color AE's are not plentiful but it still seems steep, plus you have to add shipping! If you really want a color one we can probably track down whoever is selling that Pink one :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

Can you provide the item # for the Ebay AE 50?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Mr. Bones

Would it be this Ivory AE50? Only one I've found, so far...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200917693453
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

HarrySmith

That is one pretty phone :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jfrutschy

Yes if it could be tracked down even though pink is not a great color, it will be a great phone and thats what counts.  Please keep me advised on tracking down this pink beauty....

Doug Rose

its is beautiful, but has faded to a butterscotch color...Doug
Kidphone

jfrutschy

Doug you dont think that the color could be revived using 0000 steel wool and skin so soft as you have tought me???  Or just buffing it out?

Kinda looks smokey colored, like my ole Grannys stuff from all her years of smoking

john

Doug Rose

John...I am not much at buffing, but there are members here who are experts....your phones looks great!...Doug
Kidphone

jfrutschy

I use both ways, but after they soak in the skin s soft I hit them all over softy with a buffing wheel.  The skin so soft makes em look like a dream.