News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Post FeTAp 612-1, rebranded as a Telcern model 611 in Italy.

Started by Portilious, September 10, 2018, 09:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Portilious

Hello everyone, this is a really cool phone I got some months ago in a thrift store for 5€.

I never saw such telephone before, the dial card was upside down so I couldn't even identify it.
When I bought it, I flipped the dial card, and it shown "Telcern, Viareggio."; never heard about that brand, so I looked up online and I found up a really similar phone called the FeTAp 611.

I started thinking this was a clone of that, so when I was about to post it here, I was double checking the pictures when my eye caught a little detail on the underside label.

I noticed there were multiple layers of labels, so I took the phone again, I "gently ripped" the revision label and it shown the original one!

I also noticed there was another label attached to the revision one, so there was in total, 3 labels in this telephone!

The revision label says: Appliance model 611 revised on the 26 November of 1985.
The original label says: Post FeTAp612-1 - J 52 41 - and in red 6. 78.
The "other" label says: Post FeTAp 612-1 - J 52 41 - BP.

Pretty cool, right?

EDIT: The phone isn't yellowed, it's a bright white color reflecting the yellow from my walls.
The underside is more like a "bone white" color.

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of images, but I'm in a process of getting a new HD photo camera. Will re-upload some better photos in a few hours.