Main Menu

AECo AUTOVON Telephone Sets

Started by Dave F, October 22, 2011, 02:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Here is a picture of the other one

Terry

Dave F

Congratulations Terry.  That's a super addition to your collection.  Considering just how rare these sets are, I'm surprised that it (they) didn't sell for more.

Dave F.

AE_Collector

I was thinking $500 to $750 range and really didn't think I had a hope of winning one. Had my wife not ignored the $200 to $250 that I suggested she bid while I was out, I wouldn't have got one of them. She bid just over $300.

Terry

paul-f

Congratulations, Terry.

You got quite a bargain, in my opinion.  These are much harder to find than the WE Autovon sets.

The real treat is that the number card holder is intact.

The mold on the keys will clean up easily.  I'm sure you'll have it looking like new in no time!  Mine started out in worse cosmetic shape.

http://www.paul-f.com/speakae.htm#Autovon
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

AE_Collector

I am already not too happy with the seller. I guess I didn't read well enough but the $15.69 shipping cost has now gone to $22 plus another $2 apparently for packing or maybe packing supplies. So that is more than a 50% increse in shipping cost. I figured he was incorrectly recalculating to ship to Canada even though I have US purchases shipped to my US PO Box. But no the increase is for additional insurance due to the final price AND what I read as $2 packing fee being included in his shipping price is really another $2 added on top. I have never seen that done that way before.

Terry

AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC SPEAKERPHONE L8028 AB 1967
Item# 350672679655   1   $270.99 USD

Item#    $2.00 USD   1   $2.00 USD

Subtotal   $272.99 USD
Shipping and handling   $22.00 USD
Insurance - not offered   ----
Total   $294.99 USD
Payment   $294.99 USD

Dave F

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 23, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
<snip>...I am already not too happy with the seller of mine. I guess I didn't read well enough but the $15.69 shipping cost has now gone to $22 plus another $2 apparently for packing or maybe packing supplies. So that is more than a 50% increse in shipping cost...

Terry
Terry,

Don't fret too much about the pain-in-the-neck seller, or the slight increase in postage.  It's just an inconvenient aspect of buying on eBay.  Instead, think about the really great rare phone you are getting (at a great price, complete with number card holder!), and how nice it will be to admire it in your collection.

Dave

AE_Collector

Yeah I will get over the shipping cost. I think the price for both of these was quite good all things considered. I have never seen one on ebaY before so have no idea what they could have sold for.

Terry