News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Bits O' Phone 5302

Started by Phonesrfun, December 17, 2009, 09:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Yes, keep your eyes peeled, but to be real honest, you would be far more likely to find them in NYC than in Mendocino, CA.   >:(

Maybe the thing to do is go to those old articles of the Bell System and find out who the decendants are of the authors and go knock on their door and do the Aladin's Lamp story line "New phones for Old".  Maybe one of those decendants has a '48 or '49 kicking around in the attic, basement or garage.

Cheers,

Bill Geurts
-Bill G

McHeath

QuotePaul did verify 1 1949 set in captivity and several phones that have recycled 1949 parts.
Jim S.

Did Paul write you an e-mail with this info, or does he have that info on his site.  It's pretty cool news.

Jim Stettler

I remembered that Paul had some conflicting info from my book,  so I emailed him. He verified that 1 set is known to be in the hands of a collector. He has a 1950 set w/ a 49 dial. Most of the other info is on his site under the prototype info.

Paul said he has some more info on the subject, but needs to weed thru it.

My book has a summation, Paul's info is from actual articles. I would say his info is more accurate

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Greg G.

Quote from: Jim S. on December 22, 2009, 08:25:41 PM
Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 22, 2009, 01:17:34 AM
I had no clue they made 5302's in colors besides black. I learned something today!

Tom,
Here is a photo of of some color 5302's. this subject came up on a list server in the past and I "stole" the photo. There isn't a photo of a clear 5302, but I have heard of 2 of them.

Jon Finder used to have some colored 5302's, I don't think this photo is his collection. Jon is knowledgeable about the colored 5302 sets.

Jim S.

Those are awesome!  Add me to the list of not knowing about colored 5302s.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Dennis Markham

I knew I had posted these before...side views of these phones are posted here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1742.msg23254#msg23254

~Dennis