News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Backboard

Started by Phonesrfun, January 26, 2014, 09:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Finally got my rats nest straightened out.

Here is a photo of my Panasonic 616 on the backboard in the basement next to the furnace.

Upper left is the Panasonic Just below that are two 66-block cross-connects, and below that are two power strips

Upper right is Cable telephone ATA
Just below that is a Motorola VT-1005 ATA for C*Net
Below that is the cable splitter
Below that is the cable internet modem
Below that is a switch and Wi-Fi for the house.

-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

That looks like a quite good setup, I've always wanted to do that. I intend on doing that with my 1a2, 1st line, main, 2nd, xlink (cell phone), and third-fourth being c*net.

I have a question, what does it look like behind the door, I'm interested if you spliced the 25 pair cables and added jacks on to each 2 pairs, or what?

Great setup, I take it that you can still expand to more rooms in your house, if you so desire?
Ben

Phonesrfun

The cable going behind the door inside the 616 are actually several 8-pair CAT 5 cables, and yes, they are fanned out to RJ-45 11 connectors with 2 pair going to each of the extension jacks and 1 pair going to each of the input jacks.  All of those come down to the 66 blocks for cross-connections.

I am only using a few phones as extensions in the house off the 616, but with 2 lines of C*Net and my cable-provided phone, I have 3 lines available to the input of the 616.  Three of the extensions off the 616 cascade to a 1A2 shoebox that I have in another room. 

Yes, with this set up, I could put several phones to work.  Right now, it is crazy when the phone rings and all the ringers start going on different cadences with the combination of the 616 and the 1A2.  It even drives me nuts, as if I'm not already. 
-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Phonesrfun on January 28, 2014, 03:24:08 AM
The cable going behind the door inside the 616 are actually several 8-pair CAT 5 cables, . . .

Ah, I see, they can be quite a pain to wire up.

And I agree with you in the last paragraph, I tried to hook one up, and was instantly annoyed the fact they all ring at different times.

Ben