News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

rebranding cautions

Started by Babybearjs, July 17, 2020, 03:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

for some of you, you already know this, but.... for those who don't.... I'll mention it again... name rebranding. over time, business get sold off or completely go out of business.... thus the company name goes up for sate, mind you, the NAME ONLY. thus you start to see old brands out like new.... RCA, Montgomery Wards, Etc. these are just like a website.... domane names... so, when you see the brand on something NEW its not the original company. its some one who bought the domane name and is REUSING the name. its sad, I've seen it too many times and when it comes to telephones, the same applies.... people take the old name, buy it and start selling under that brand again.... and it has nothing to do with the original company or history. so, when you see Stromberg-Carlson on an appliance, or RCA on a lightbulb, they are rebranded items.... RCA never made lightbulbs, and Stromberg-Carlson Never made washing machines....otherwise, we would all know the brand.... Western Electric is still in business, but ONLY in the Audio Tube Business.... as for ITT.... its now Comdial..... so pay attention to what you are looking at online and ask yourself, what is the brands true history!
John

Bell and Howell, Singer are a couple names that come to mind.

19and41

I talk to people all the time that think a century old brand that stopped production 30 years ago is currently manufacturing items and is doing so domestically.  Some just can't understand the current market for cover brands for items that they would never want to buy otherwise.  At least do a search on a brand name you consider.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke