News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

LUCY PICS on the Telephone!!!

Started by Kenny C, March 09, 2011, 04:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I got this screen shot of Lucille Ball on a 302 with one of the color kits for a black 302. I think it is ivory?

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

I definitely think that it was ivory.  Perhaps one of the forum members has that phone in their collection now.

Larry

GG

Though, notice that the dial fingerwheel was definitely a solid color rather than clear.  Bell didn't do that.  So I'm going to guess that this may have been a black one that was repainted by the studio. 

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kenny C on March 09, 2011, 04:09:18 PM
I got this screen shot of Lucille Ball on a 302 with one of the color kits for a black 302. I think it is ivory?

Lucy ......WE 302 Clear at the Worlds Fair in 1939...Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

After another look, I see that that the handset cord is black, and it looks like the dial housing is also black, so it probably was painted.

Larry

Dennis Markham

To my eye that finger wheel looks like a clear one over the white porcelain dial plate.  But it's hard to tell. 

Doug Rose

Its all conjecture, I cannot get it zoomed in close enough to see for sure. Nice picture just the same. ...Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

bingster

Looks like even the feet weren't spared.  They're white, too. 
= DARRIN =

Sargeguy

I am with Dennis.  It looks like a clear finger wheel to me, especially the center.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Devansphones

ETHEL!!! WE'RE GOING TO EUROPE!!!

REALLY?

YES! today Ricky got a....

LUCYYYYYYYYY! I tol yu I'm no sure if I'm even gonna be in the pishur, now splain to Ethel what the minin of all this bisnis is!
~Devan

jsowers

The first one (below) is from before I Love Lucy. I think it's from the 1940 New York World's Fair. Note the CLEAR 302. She married Desi the same year.

The second is from November, 1953. Hobie captured it for a thread on the Forum in 2009. The reason she was using a D-mount is because the switchhook is plainly visible and part of the show centered on her talking on the phone while it was hung up.

Later Lucy had a black 500 with a straight handset cord, about 1955 after they get back from Hollywood.

Lucille Ball's father was a lineman for Michigan Bell, or some other telco in Michigan. He died when she was young.
Jonathan

Devansphones

Here's some more...
~Devan

Devansphones

HERE YE HERE YE!!! I HAVE A MISSION FOR YOU, I WAS BROWSING THE FORUM AND I NOTICED A WHILE AGO YOU GUYS DID A COLLOGE DISCUSSION SORT OF THING ABOUT OLD PHONES IN MOVIES...MY MISSION IS TO GATHER EVERY PICTURE OF LUCILLE BALL OR ANY OF THE REGULAR I LOVE LUCY CARACHTERS ( FRED, ETHEL, RICKY, LITTLE RICKY OR LUCY) ON THE PHONE... PUT IT IN THE THREAD TITLED...LUCY!!!...

THANKS!!! ( :-X <----- SPIDERFACE)
~Devan

AE_Collector

A noble project. Everyone else on the forum nominates you to be the "In Charge" of the project!

Now get back to the computer and find us some more pictures!

Terry