News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Stromberg Carlson 2554 network 4010-c wiring?

Started by Zunazet, May 05, 2019, 10:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunazet

I have acquired a nice SC 2554 that I am not sure how to connect the line cord.
Handset and cord tested and found good on another phone.
Experimenting has not gotten me anywhere.
Where do I hook up L1 and L2.
There are red and green cut wires on terminals 1 and 2. Hooking up there did not work.
I have also noticed there is no polarity protector, so I have tried reversing the polarity.
Also tried L1 and L2 on the network.
Possibly the handset is wired wrong? Thus hearing nothing?

HowardPgh

I can't see if there is a coil on the network card. This may a some sort of phone for special application.
If you look in one of the ITT TIMMs there is a diagram for a 2554 wallphone, try following that for your wiring. I think all the 2554s might be similar. The terminal designations that I see on the card look like normal ones.
Howard

Zunazet

Thank you.
I was finally able to track the problem down to a broken hook switch.So, What and Where are the ITT TIMMs? I would like to have a look.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Zunazet on May 09, 2019, 06:27:23 PM
What and Where are the ITT TIMMs?
ITT had a Telephone Instrument Maintenance Manual TIMM. It is like a BSP. You can find them in the TCI Library.
Here is a link that has the Google site search for the TCI  library. It is best to use the Google search to find all the documents in the library. The TCI Library is a document repository for all  telephone related documents.
I would try TIMM as my search term.
https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search/google-search
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Zunazet

HowardPgh

How did you repair the hookswitch? Usually they are part of the base an seem irrepairable.
Howard

Zunazet

Mine has the clear plastic part broken at the hinge point and the hinged part that moves up and down is bent. I have not fixed it yet, but I plan to straighten the metal bits and then put it back on and epoxy the plastic back together. You are correct that everything is one piece and unrepairable so far as changing parts out, unless you want to drill out rivets.