News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric LPC-82-55 Pay Phone, Looking for Info

Started by Rugersayers, November 17, 2022, 07:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rugersayers

New member here.  I am not a phone collector but my husband and I used to collect unique vintage items for our rec room. We've had this phone for about 30 years.  It is wired to work.  Not sure if it is valuable and would like to poss sell it in the future but not a clue how much it could be worth.

FABphones

Hi and welcome to CRPF.

Values depend much on originality. Many of these were adapted after market for home use.

Could you add photos of the rear of phone, also of the inside.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

kleenax

Quote from: Rugersayers on November 17, 2022, 07:17:27 AMNew member here.  I am not a phone collector but my husband and I used to collect unique vintage items for our rec room. We've had this phone for about 30 years.  It is wired to work.  Not sure if it is valuable and would like to poss sell it in the future but not a clue how much it could be worth.
If you plan on selling it locally (Facebook Marketplace, etc) the going price ranges from $175 - $300 for that type of payphone. I would list it for $325 OBO (or best offer) and "haggle" a little; people really like that! And, right now would be a perfect time to sell it; Christmas and all.....Good luck!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Rugersayers

Thanks for your response. Here are a few more pics of the back and inside.

FABphones

Would be nice to see a clearer photo of that label in the second image, could you please add.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Rugersayers

HarrySmith

Nice One. It appears to be all original right down to the installers label! Great catch. I would agree with Ray, list it at $325.00 take around $250.00.
BTW - Welcome to the forum ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Rugersayers

Thanks so much for the info :)
Am I right that it is from the 50's?

rdelius

LPC is the last 3 slot series  .Late 60s-early 70s..Outside the same as sets form about 1958 up.

HarrySmith

Agreed, that AE circuit board is newer than 50's.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"