News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My first restoration

Started by TransparentTrimline, February 02, 2023, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TransparentTrimline

I recently thought it would be nice to restore a Western Electric 500DM from New York Telephone that my partner and I purchased in November. Its part of my growing "collection", and was quite therapeutic to work on especially as life has gotten really stressful. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure, however I'm going to take some better ones soon.
Look mom, this one has wires!

Contempra

Good job , Shane . Thanks for sharing .

HarrySmith

Very Nice! Great job on the first one. Now time for the next bigger project ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TransparentTrimline

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 03, 2023, 07:46:30 AMVery Nice! Great job on the first one. Now time for the next bigger project ;D

Here's a small sneak peek at my current project; I wish I had before photos because this one was GROSS :)

Contempra

Quote from: TransparentTrimline on February 03, 2023, 07:39:52 PMHere's a small sneak peek at my current project; I wish I had before photos because this one was GROSS :)

Nice project. it would be good to see the pictures BEFORE and AFTER the restoration or else, a video of the progress in accelerated would also be excellent, but it is rather rare that we see it on the forum :( . But it would be a plus.

TransparentTrimline

Quote from: Contempra on February 03, 2023, 07:45:01 PMNice project. it would be good to see the pictures BEFORE and AFTER the restoration or else, a video of the progress in accelerated would also be excellent, but it is rather rare that we see it on the forum :( . But it would be a plus.

I agree; mostly, this has been something soothing that I wanted to share quickly, but I'm learning the value of snapping a couple as I pick them up in-store.

I will show you this. A butt-sett I came across at an antique store for $10 today. It's sure a before picture.

FABphones

Nice work.

Quote from: Contempra on February 03, 2023, 07:45:01 PM...it would be good to see the pictures BEFORE and AFTER the restoration...

Some very nice before and after photos on this thread:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11814

:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Kellogg Kitt

That 500 set look so much better with the stickers gone.

Wade

Dave203

That yellow 500 is beautiful.
You did a great job  8)