News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic 616 HELP!!

Started by Doug Rose, January 13, 2010, 09:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have owned a Panasonic 616 for well over a year and never plugged it in. I purchased it when I decided to go to Comcast Digital phone service. At the time, I was pleasantly surprised with Comcast Digital, all my phones rang and dialed out. As I have stated in a previous threads, the older dials started to act up and not dial out accurately. I have a soft 616 manual, but its HUGE! Can someone give me a real simpleton (thank you) explanation on how to hook this up. Right now, I just want it for a test device, but I might incorporate it in my home as well. Can I just hang my house line off of this and then plug in my rotary phones in the ports. Is default programming ready for analog phones, as I do not have a programming phone. Are there extension numbers assigned to the ports? How many phones can I add per port?  9 to dial out? Will I get intercom DT when I go off hook? I told you I was slow. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Very simple.  6 incoming lines and 16 outgong lines.  Plug one incoming line directly into your house wall jack, and plug as many as 16 extensions into the 616.  Comes preprogrammed for most things.

Plug and play with RJ plugs.

Dial 9 to get out

Extensions are 11 through 26

There are a several other features, but I am rushing off to work. so I can't explain too much at the moment, but I can take more time this evening.
-Bill G

dsk

I got one recently, and discovered quite soon. There are several versions, with different setup. When I resat mine, it went to pulse as default out :'(

My advise is: Plug it in a grounded outlet. Connect the first C.O. Line to your provider using a regular cable  with modular plug in each end.

Plug your telephone in to one of the extensions, and try.

If the previous owner has programmed different things for the lines, it is a sudden possibility of not using all, and the last ext. may be working perfect if the first don't.

This advice is not an expert advise, just based on short experience.

Good luck!

dsk

JorgeAmely

Doug:
To restore all programmable settings to default conditions, remove the battery for a minute or two, reconnect and power it up again.

Jorge

bellsystemproperty

Wow I didn't realize so many people on this forum are using the easa phone system. I had a 616 (but it started burning inside), and it automatically converted the pulse to dtmf. The reason you don't notice it's doing this is that it suppresses the touch-tone sound.  The 1232 does the same thing, and I imagine it's even the same with the 308. If you want to program it, you will need the proprietary phone. They are a bit expensive, I had to get mine on eBay for $50 when the 1232 only cost $40. What do you mean by intercom dial tone?

Doug Rose

By intercom DT, when off hook on the phone to you get DT before you dial the 9 or do you go off hook and there dead air that you dial through. Monday Holiday, I am shooting to install my 616.....thanks for all your help....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

The intercom DT from the Panasonic is similar to, but slightly different than a standard precision dial tone.  Thay way, you will know when you have the outside line, due to its difference in sound.

You do not get dead air when you lift the receiver.  Ringback tone and busy signals are the same tone but interrupted at different cadences.

-Bill
-Bill G

Doug Rose

Bill/All ....I appreciate the feedback....I'll let you know my success ....Doug
Kidphone

dsk

I got mine up and running today, it works  ;D ;D ;D

one CO line to the good old analog system, two on C*NET, and one to the old skype adapter, so I at least may receive skype calls when the PC is running skype.

Since mine are shipped in from UK, I have UK ringing on CO lines, and regular ringing on intercom. 

I am working with an Magnetoadapter, and will probably use the last CO line experimenting with magneto telephones.

;) ;) ;)

dsk

Doug Rose

Hey folks....I'm a week late but I got the Panasonic 616 mounted in my workshop. I plugged it in and it works like a champ. No programming needed. I have my Comcast digital plugged into it. Analog lines on all ports, and my #4 and #5 dials are now working again!!Thanks for all your information and help with this. It makes life much easier. No I have a test center as well as intercom between phones....many thanks....Doug
Kidphone

bellsystemproperty

Isn't it great?! When annoying telemarketers call for the 27th time you can put them on hold and even play annoying hold music. Have you connected the music on hold?