News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE C1 Space Saver

Started by Doug Rose, January 20, 2020, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This has been on my workbench for over two years. Bad Paint, corrosion and spatter from me working. It was a huge mess. This long weekend I stripped it 3 times, sandpaper, drill will wire brush. Steel wool medium and fine. This is where I am. I did not take a before as I felt it was headed to the trash. Just needs a little fine tuning on the finish. You see things when you take pictures that you miss in the dungeon...Doug
Kidphone

oldguy

Great phone now Doug. You always do such good restoration work.
Gary

countryman

Great work and a very cool phone. Unfortunately these are impossible to find here in Europe.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: countryman on January 21, 2020, 02:40:55 AM
Unfortunately these are impossible to find here in Europe.

They are not available here in Australia either but they can be obtained via US eBay. Postage is a bit high so I would be careful to select a good example - trial and error is too expensive.

Try to get the mounting bracket as well as you won't have much luck finding just the bracket.

The price takes a big hike if you want the proper subset to go with it - not just the cost of the subset, a considerable extra postage cost. It can be made to work on a local subset/bellset.

Of course, if you want a No 2H dial to go with it, up goes the price again. A 4H dial is more affordable and would not be out of place.

Good luck.

Jack

Doug Rose

Kidphone