News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 88: Western Electric 302 1941 Metal Restored in PINK!

Started by AE_Collector, April 12, 2013, 08:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Okay, we have kicked this one around here for a bit now.
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=9042.0

This time it was listed with a low starting price so lets figure out what it should really sell for. It looks like a nice restoration job though some may LIKE it, others probably HATE it and maybe even someone ABSOLUTELY LOVES IT!

Here's the ebaY Auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171022906979

It is a 10 day auction ending April 21 so have your guesses in by April 20. It is sitting at $36 currently with 6 bids and shipping is included for free.

It or another identical one is listed seperately with a BIN of $325 complete with the pair of shoes.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/181112874204

S C O R E B O A R D
$47.00 - twocvbloke
$80.00 - kleinkaliber
$150.01 - HarrySmith
$200.00 - TelePlay
$238.00 - MagicMo
$257.00 - AE_Collector - WINNER - Selling Price was $255.00
$300.00 - Mr. Bones

MagicMo

I am actually beginning to like this phone, it is growing on me. I have no idea why.  :-\
I will guess $238
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

I'll go for the universal Star Trek Voyager "covers everything number", $47... :D

Though I'll also say that someone will probably hit the BIN on the other listing and the auction will end prematurely.... :D

AE_Collector

Wasn't this listed previously as well though? Not sure if it didn't sell the first time around or if there were more than One...or Two...or Three.

Terry

twocvbloke

I just have a suspicious nature, the same phone pictured in multiple listings sets off the QI klaxon in my head... :D

DavePEI

Quote from: MagicMo on April 12, 2013, 09:39:16 PM
I am actually beginning to like this phone, it is growing on me. I have no idea why.  :-\
I will guess $238
Mo
Well, I hate to admit it, while I wouldn't buy the phone, he has done a remarkable job re-painting it. The surface is smooth and even - just wish he had used another colour but PINK!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

MagicMo

I totally agree with you Dave, a soft pink and I probably would have bid on it. If your looking for a statement phone, that one is definitely it!
Mo
Practice Kindness :)

Mr. Bones

Please, put me down for $300.00. I'll have to guess the reserve is set fairly close to the BIN. Might not sell, at all...(again)

Happy Saturday to all, and best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 13, 2013, 10:05:19 AMI'll have to guess the reserve is set fairly close to the BIN.

I don't see a reserve. Can the seller put a minimum, reserve, dollar amount acceptable on an item and not have it show up during the bidding process?

Mr. Bones

Quote from: TelePlay on April 13, 2013, 10:26:43 AM
Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 13, 2013, 10:05:19 AMI'll have to guess the reserve is set fairly close to the BIN.

I don't see a reserve. Can the seller put a minimum, reserve, dollar amount acceptable on an item and not have it show up during the bidding process?
Good question, for which I have no authoratative answer.

Usually, I see Reserve Not Met, when they have one setup. I can't help but think that one might be set, though, when bidding starts at 99¢, and Buy It Now is set at $325.00...merely idle speculation on my part.

No worries; it wouldn't be the first time I have been mistaken, and I seriously doubt it shall be the last! :D
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

southernphoneman

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 13, 2013, 10:36:18 AM

Good question, for which I have no authoratative answer.

Usually, I see Reserve Not Met, when they have one setup. I can't help but think that one might be set, though, when bidding starts at 99¢, and Buy It Now is set at $325.00...merely idle speculation on my part.

No worries; it wouldn't be the first time I have been mistaken, and I seriously doubt it shall be the last! :D
hi mr bones, when a seller on ebay puts a reserve on an item it usually means that the seller wants to protect his or her investment on an item. when a bid starts at 99 cents and a buy it now option is set at $325.00,once someone bids at 99 cents the buy it now option is dropped, so the seller has to set a reserve which may very well be at $325.00 but because the bid has already been set at 99 cents unless the reserve is set , the seller would be required to sell the item at 99 cents assuming that is the only bid.with all that having been said,if the seller wants to protect there investment they set a reserve so they don t settle for 99cents because if the reserve is not met then they don t have sell it. I hope that helps you. :) ;)

Mr. Bones

Quote from: southernphoneman on April 13, 2013, 11:10:23 AM

hi mr bones, when a seller on ebay <snip>I hope that helps you. :) ;)
[/quote]

Good Morning, southernphoneman, and Happy Saturday, Sir ! I hope that your day is going well. 8)

I do, indeed, get how the reserve function works on ePay, (I buy and sell there),  but thanks for your kindly advice, and patient explanation. I appreciate your assistance, and will always reciprocate, when I am able, or qualified to do so.

I was merely ruminating upon the previously posed question, which I have not, heretofore heard tackled. My answer? I dunno.
I shall have to await an authorative answer from other forum members, who have vastly greater experience in this field.

With my very best regards to you and yours! Enjoy your weekend, get some phones done, and photographed for the forum! ;D We wants pictures! ;)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

southernphoneman

Quote from: Mr. Bones on April 13, 2013, 11:50:52 AM
Quote from: southernphoneman on April 13, 2013, 11:10:23 AM

hi mr bones, when a seller on ebay <snip>I hope that helps you. :) ;)

Good Morning, southernphoneman, and Happy Saturday, Sir ! I hope that your day is going well. 8)

I do, indeed, get how the reserve function works on ePay, (I buy and sell there),  but thanks for your kindly advice, and patient explanation. I appreciate your assistance, and will always reciprocate, when I am able, or qualified to do so.

I was merely ruminating upon the previously posed question, which I have not, heretofore heard tackled. My answer? I dunno.
I shall have to await an authorative answer from other forum members, who have vastly greater experience in this field.

With my very best regards to you and yours! Enjoy your weekend, get some phones done, and photographed for the forum! ;D We wants pictures! ;)

[/quote]gotcha ;)