News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 94: 1955 Western Electric 352 / 354 Ivory Wall Phone

Started by TelePlay, July 15, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Quote from: 1954NE500 on July 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PMI'll guess $250 for this phone

Thanks for getting into the contest.

You were a bit close to Tom B, who was in at $247, with your $250 guess so under Rule #3 (Try to split the difference evenly when placing your guess between two other guesses that have less than 10% 'space' between them), I put you in at the $263.50, the half way point between Tom B and Gilas.

Hope that works for you.

TelePlay

This is interesting. On 7/19, a bidder retracted their $126.66 bid placed on 7/15 so the phone drops down and now sits at $60 with one day to go and thanks, or no thanks, to the retracted bid, the maximum currrent bid has been exposed.

wds

There - I upped my max. bid, so you don't know what it is anymore!  Although I'm sure I won't be the winner anyway!  I'm sure that withdrawing that bid was intentional.
Dave

TelePlay

Wow! No inflation in the past 4 years on this type of phone. Auction Contest 94 ended with a winning bid of $271.00. But, a deal for bidder e***_ who came in at the end to place their first and the winning bid with 3 seconds to go, and got the phone for $169.16.

Kudos and congratulations to Dan who came into the contest with the 9th guess at $169.45 to miss the winning bid by just 29 cents . . .

And, this was Dan's 8th victory in missing the selling price by only 0.171%! Can't do much better than that, on both counts!  :D

Dan

Thank you, thank you. The strange 45 cents on my bid payed off.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AE_Collector

I initially guessed $165 but before TelePlay updated the list of guesses I downsized my guess to $145. More proof that you should always go with your first hunch!

Terry