"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted: Tone dial brackets for Decotel Chestphone

Started by RotoTech99, March 07, 2018, 02:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I need the tone dial brackets for a Decotel Chestphone, please.

I have a Decotel tone chestphone, but it has incorrect tone dial mounting brackets,
I need a pair of them.

if anyone has the correct dial brackets, please indicate how much with postage to 421-1/2 N. 4th St., Okemah, Ok. 74859-1809.

I can send USPS domestic money order for them, I ask the sender to please indicate if the sender's address is in the U.S....I cannot get/send international money orders.

Any responses appreciated.

Thank you, Rototech99

stub

RotoTech99 ,
                   # 38 .   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RotoTech99

Dear stub:
Yes parts #38, the dial support brackets, that's, what I need.

I also wanted to add that my chestphone was outfitted with AE components, but it had a non AE  dial, and mixed components added, with the wrong brackets.

What I want to do is add the correct AE dial to my chestphone, and the correct component plate.

Thankfully, I have the AE dial, and component plate, all I need is the dial brackets , and possibly the screws that attach them to the dial support plate.

Rototech99

stub

Sorry , I don't have any parts for this phone. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RotoTech99

Dear Stub:

If you have tone dial Decotel Empress sets, I think they use the same bracket...

if not, its "still early", someone might have the dial brackets that hadn't replied yet.

I've learned with CRPF that sometimes the replies that. have the parts don't come til later after the topic has been out for a while, so I'm not giving up yet.

I also believe the brackets were universal, and could fit more than one dial type.

Thank you,
Rototech99

markosjal

I had an ATC Snoopy phone with AE components . I really wanted to change the keypad but the mounting was narrower on the AE mounts than on the SC (same as WE) DTMF I wanted to install. I never could find the proper mounts for a WE or SC DTMF pad.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

RotoTech99

if you don't mind me asking, what happened to it?

I've been looking for Decotel sets with AE components, myself; but they seem to be as scarce as hens with teeth, if you know what I mean.

Rototech99

markosjal

My landlord had a daughter that is a veterinarian, and as I understand it, it ended up in her office. Money talks, and he was screaming for it.

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

AE_Collector

The bracket looks familiar to me from something. I'm wondering if Touch Call 880 speakerphone maybe use them. I have the odd junker rotary 880 but only one Touch Call 880 and it is a part of my collection.

Terry

RotoTech99

Dear AE Collector:

The brackets are from a AE tone dial equipped Decotel tone Chestphone by ATC.

As best I know, they were universal, and could accept more than one type dial.

that's what I've been looking for so far.

Rototech99

stub

Terry,
          Look at a AE 95 in touchcall. I have one here but it came from Phoneco and it looks like the brackets are homemade.     stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RotoTech99

Those brackets are like the ones used in AE starlites to mount the dials and the faceplate.

The ones used in the Decotel tone chestphone are different; I think they're more like the ones pictured here.

Although these are in a Empress phone, I believe they are the same as from a Chestphone

stub

RotoTech99,
                  Here's some out of a AE 192 , will these work?  stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RotoTech99

Sorry, I don't think they would, check this picture you sent me of the dial brackets from a GTE Practice, those are what I need.

i think the brackets from a tone Empress may also fit the Chestphone.