News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Parts ID

Started by Greg G., December 05, 2014, 12:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I have 2 AE ringers that I was keeping for some reason, not sure why.  If they're frequency ringers, they need to go in a different place than I had them.  Also have a Mystery Phone base from 5-62 that I have no idea what it belongs to, there are no markings on the bottom.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

twocvbloke

All three look like 16.6Hz frequency ringers to me, the third ringer looks like a frequency version of the WE687 subset though (can't tell who made it myself, someone will though I'm sure, though the date on the base looks WEish).... :)

rdelius

I uasually hang on to AE freq ringers to repair SL singers with open coils.They can be interchanged if the impedence  is high enough

Greg G.

Quote from: rdelius on December 05, 2014, 12:23:41 PM
I uasually hang on to AE freq ringers to repair SL singers with open coils.They can be interchanged if the impedence  is high enough

Not going to toss them, they just need to go in a different box.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: twocvbloke on December 05, 2014, 12:19:04 PM
... the third ringer looks like a frequency version of the WE687 subset though (can't tell who made it myself, someone will though I'm sure, though the date on the base looks WEish).... :)

I believe you're right, here's one on ebay, although not a frequency ringer.  If I remember right, I think all of these came out of a home-rigged setup I found at a yard sale that was housed in the metal shell of a 534A which would explain why I don't have a shell for it.  These will all go in a dedicated frequency ringer box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121476086110 (dead link)
- Mike Row
e