News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nigerian scammers on ebay?

Started by Greg G., October 01, 2016, 07:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Is no place safe from these scumbags?  He didn't claim to be an exiled Prince of Poo-Bah-TuTu with a sad story, in fact, his feedback looks legit, but, why in the world would he want this bike shipped to "ew Jersey"?  It makes me suspicious.  Needless to say, it would be cost prohibitive, with most of that cost being for my labor of packing it up, and that's only if I wanted to, which I don't! 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Pourme

Could be Chris Christie wanting a little exercise on the boardwalk?

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

twocvbloke

I wouldn't say it's a scammer, just an idiot... ;D

TelePlay

. . . or someone who's first language (or second language) is not English so they missed the fine, nuanced point of FREE LOCAL PICKUP  and then as it says in the details "Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping)." It says Shipping:  Free Local Pickup but to this guy, it meant "Shipping:  Free" and then, oh by the way, "Local Pickup" is available. Totally missed the point of "Ships to Local Pickup Only"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-tone-Bianchi-Boardwalk-bicycle-/291870584185

LarryInMichigan

"Ew Jersey" probably pretty well describes the feeling I had when I was there :)

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: TelePlay on October 01, 2016, 01:42:52 PM
. . . or someone who's first language (or second language) is not English so they missed the fine, nuanced point of FREE LOCAL PICKUP  and then as it says in the details "Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping)." It says Shipping:  Free Local Pickup but to this guy, it meant "Shipping:  Free" and then, oh by the way, "Local Pickup" is available. Totally missed the point of "Ships to Local Pickup Only"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-tone-Bianchi-Boardwalk-bicycle-/291870584185

Question is though, why would they want a used bike shipped all the way to NJ?  That's what really made me suspicious.  It's not like it's a rare collectors item.  The cost would be more than the price of the bike just in postage, and I would charge for my labor too!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

TelePlay

Quote from: Brinybay on October 02, 2016, 11:05:22 PM
Question is though, why would they want a used bike shipped all the way to NJ?  That's what really made me suspicious.  It's not like it's a rare collectors item.  The cost would be more than the price of the bike just in postage, and I'm would charge for my labor too!

Good question. Don't know. Can't read minds.

I once sold a half dozen of GUM tooth pick packs that I had and didn't need by the each pack with no shipping outside the US. A guy from the middle east bought one, just one, and after talking about the shipment with an experienced eBay seller, decided it was better to fulfill the order than run the risk of getting an eBay claim of some sort. I processed it through the Global Shipping option. He paid the freight invoice they sent, about $12 for a $3 item or $15 for a $3 item. I didn't get that either and nothing bad turned out from it. My question has always been, why didn't he buy all of them, same shipping charge. Lot of words in the dictionary to describe these strange things, some longer than others.