"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

PMG 802 telephone not ringing

Started by lizhi501, January 15, 2011, 09:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lizhi501

Hi all,

I recently purchased a sweet little red PMG 802 phone from eBay. Dial tone and calling is fine, it just doesn't ring when called. Make it a bit hit and miss when you want to answer a call.

I took it apart and called it and there was no movement in the ringer- so potentially a wiring problem. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out as from this point I am completely clueless.

Would very much appreciate your assistance!

Cheers,
Liz

LarryInMichigan

Liz,

I am not familiar with PMG 800 phones, but I just found this link: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1597884.  It looks like contacts 2 and 3 should be connected together for the ringer to be connected.

Larry

lizhi501

Hi Larry,
Thanks for your reply. I feel quite foolish about this but unfortunately when I say I know nothing I really mean absolutely nothing. About anything. Probably not the right start for trying to fix one's own phone!

Anyway, as far as I can tell from the linked post, the White wire should be pin 2, red pin 3 and blue pin 6, and two and three should be strapped together. I can see those wires, but that's as far as it goes. White and red are going to different 'pins' though (assuming I am able to correctly identify a pin).

I will take a closer photo of the wiring if that will help.

Many thanks,
Liz

LarryInMichigan

Liz,

Your pictures are too small to allow us to see the detail.  If you could post a much larger picture of the wire connections, that would be very helpful.

Larry

lizhi501

Sorry about that. Here is the larger version.

Cheers,
Liz

LarryInMichigan

I do not know anything about these phones, and I cannot see enough in the picture to tell me much, but it sounds from the other forum thread like the red and white wires need to be connected together, either in the plug or in the phone.  Are any of the wires in the plug connected together?  If not, try moving the red wire over to the white, or maybe vice versa.

Larry