News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric early metal wall phone pair

Started by tubaman, November 24, 2018, 03:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

These have been on eBay UK for a while - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-americana-Telephone-industrial-vintage/283255036882
Western Electrical telephones
The sale is for both phones
In great condition. Will need 're wiring or use or would look great as a show piece
Viewing welcome

Looks like a nice pair of phones and don't appear to have been messed with, but I don't know about the price.
Any thoughts?

tubaman

No thoughts on these from anyone?
If the price gets nearer to £100 for the pair I might be tempted (but still don't know if that's a sensible price or not).
:)

Doug Rose

Is L140  $180 US? It is a fair price on the high end but not unreasonable...Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

Maybe make an offer and see what the seller comes back with. Leave room to negotiate. Nice that there are two.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

You could ask the seller if they will sell you just one of the phones and make an offer for one phone.  I have done that sort of thing a few times where a lot of items was being offered and I only wanted one of them.

Larry

HarrySmith

They both appear to be in good condition, just a little polish should make them shine. The cords may be replacements, they look to be a little flat. Price is not terribly high, especially for over there.
I agree, make an offer.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

tubaman

Thanks everyone - some good food for thought.

tubaman

Unfortunately it looks like I've missed out on these.
Did a bit of toing and froing with offers on eBay last night, eventually ending with the seller declining my last offer.
This morning I have a message saying he's changed his mind and please can I resubmit my offer, but eBay won't let me as it says I've used up my maximum numbers of offers on the item.
Oh well, win some .....
:'(

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: tubaman on December 05, 2018, 03:31:21 AM
Unfortunately it looks like I've missed out on these.
Did a bit of toing and froing with offers on eBay last night, eventually ending with the seller declining my last offer.
This morning I have a message saying he's changed his mind and please can I resubmit my offer, but eBay won't let me as it says I've used up my maximum numbers of offers on the item.
Oh well, win some .....
:'(

Ebay often makes it awfully difficult to do things.  Why don't you contact this seller directly at: jokersalvageandupcycling.co.uk?

Larry

tubaman

Good news - the seller offered to cancel and relist, so the deal has been done!
;D