News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1982 white model 500 (western electric)went up for auction on ebay

Started by southernphoneman, March 24, 2013, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

i did not want to do it , but i had to list one of my phones for sale on ebay. it is my 1982 white western electric model 500.i need the money we will see how it goes. see photos below.

southernphoneman

i have a question. if this phone does not sell on ebay,would anyone be interested in its purchase?

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 25, 2013, 04:26:55 PM
i have a question. if this phone does not sell on ebay,would anyone be interested in its purchase?

Could you supply a link or number?

southernphoneman

reply to western electric ben,i am a little computer illiterate amd i haven t figured out yet how to do a link, and when you say number do you mean price or item number on ebay? between auction only and buy it now, there are about 8 0r 9 white 500s listed. the photos uploaded on ebay are the same ones posted here. my ebay user name is gacarberry2012 its title is "western electric white model 500.if that helps you find good, if it does not just let me know. you could pm me if you want.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 25, 2013, 04:48:46 PM
reply to western electric ben,i am a little computer illiterate amd i haven t figured out yet how to do a link, and when you say number do you mean price or item number on ebay? between auction only and buy it now, there are about 8 0r 9 white 500s listed. the photos uploaded on ebay are the same ones posted here. my ebay user name is gacarberry2012 its title is "western electric white model 500.if that helps you find good, if it does not just let me know. you could pm me if you want.

I'm looking for item number, and I'm confused what so special? Looks like a nice, but ordinarily 500..

southernphoneman

hi westernelectricben,first the item number is 390565480423, and your right it is an ordinary white 500 like you said. it was re furbished by the ebay seller that i bought it from. he is a retired telephone employee in pennsylvania. if you are interested, and if it fails on ebay we could talk about a price, the ebay auction price starts at $55.00 with free shipping, and i know that is high, but like i said we could talk about a price not as expensive..... thank you ,southernphoneman

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 25, 2013, 05:25:39 PM
hi westernelectricben,first the item number is 390565480423, and your right it is an ordinary white 500 like you said. it was re furbished by the ebay seller that i bought it from. he is a retired telephone employee in pennsylvania. if you are interested, and if it fails on ebay we could talk about a price, the ebay auction price starts at $55.00 with free shipping, and i know that is high, but like i said we could talk about a price not as expensive..... thank you ,southernphoneman

Oh ok. Well I don't have money now, but I'l keep it in mind.

southernphoneman

i had to log off for a minute to answer an ebay question for a bidder on this phone, and yes it does have a bid to bad for me, but that is the update on it for now, but it looks like it will sell.

southernphoneman

this auction ended on ebay with the sale of the phone, just a few minutes ago.

southernphoneman

did anyone on this forum win this phone while it was on ebay?

LarryInMichigan

WesternElectricBen

southernphoneman

remember that something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it

southernphoneman

hi forum members I am all excited  :)I just came off of ebay and I just purchased a beautiful black 500 from one of my favorite sellers and I am just thrilled with this find. it was restored by the same person who did this 1982 white western electric 500. this man is the person who inspired me to start refurbishing phones. just looking at photos of his phones will put you in shock and aw.i wish I knew how to link the photos from ebay to show you all which one it is, but when I receive it, I will sure post photos.this seller is a retired telephone worker from P.A. heck I am wondering if he isn t a member of this forum. I do not have the space or I could go on all day about this ebay seller. this is a seller who takes pride in his work and anyone who has ever bought a phone from him knows that. if anyone could tell me how to link to ebay I would appreciate it.that way I can show all of you this beautiful piece of work..... southernphoneman

poplar1

While you are on the ebay page for the item, right click the link at the top of your screen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310621973761?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_982wt_1186

Then copy it (cut and paste)

Then shorten it to:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310621973761

by using your backspace key, starting at the right.

Or, you can just give us the item number.

I'm sure someone else can explain this better than I did.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.