News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric 47 Chrome Phone with 4 buttons- also a hold button Very cool

Started by John S, June 19, 2016, 09:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

From phones with explicit dates stamped, 7-57-5 in that case (Fabius), we should be interested in learning the codes stamped on the transmitter, receiver, dial, and condenser.

AE_Collector

Agreed. And see what the varistor has for a date on it as well.

Calling Fabius......Come in Fabius...

And ANYONE ELSE out there who has an AE 47!

Terry

Fabius

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 16, 2017, 08:29:46 PM
Agreed. And see what the varistor has for a date on it as well.

Calling Fabius......Come in Fabius...

And ANYONE ELSE out there who has an AE 47!

Terry

I will not be where the AE47 is at (Michigan) for about 10 days. I'll take pictures then.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

Okay thanks Tom. Need the date off the light gray colored varistor. The date is kind of hard to see, is in brackets like (12-56). If possible need everything stamped on the base and the gold Decal if it has one, schematic diagram if it has one, codes on condensers, transmitter and receiver capsules and basically anything written anywhere!

Terry

rdelius

I built that set at COT.parts were chosen for good looks.Sometimes parts were missing.I do not recall seeing any chrome trim except button esc. on Type 47 sets so it was added.Did some brass ones but chrome sold better

Fabius

Just got home from Michigan. Here's a picture of the bottom. Will get the rest tomorrow.

If they asked me I'd say we don't need any more animated penquin movies for a while.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

unbeldi

Quote from: Fabius on January 30, 2017, 08:14:08 PM
Just got home from Michigan. Here's a picture of the bottom. Will get the rest tomorrow.

The set was made a month before the official move to Northlake. I think this is the first set, I've seen with a date and the Chicago location.  Or did they start manufacturing a little earlier in Northlake, before the administration moved and new decals were ready ?
I am familiar with that patent decal, having found it on another L-4111, which was marked L 4111 ESL ND11; D-780575-A

AE_Collector

I have records of one other AE47 with a date on the base. The info was provided to me by forum member GG. Its Base Code was H870661 / 3 / 8-57-8 and still said Chicago 7 but that is all the info I have from the decal. So it was made one month later in Chicago (or Northlake), both have the similar date coding RATHER than the usual "RY7" type codes on the base (which really seems to me to indicate that the two letters are somehow a date code and the number matches up with the third digit of the more recognizable date code on newer sets and AE 80/90's). For what ever reason GG's 47 was an H set with completely non conventional first and second Base Code segments. I have a 47 set my self with Codes H870729  18  PD8 on the base and a Chicago 7 decal with D-780575-A13 gold decal listing the four patent years 1939, 1943, 1945 & 1953 Only.

One would assume that the move to Northlake went on over a period of at least several months with various manufacturing processes slowly making the move.

Looking forward to varistor Date and any "Two Letter" codes that can be found on the back of the dial, transmitter, receiver, or on either of the condensers. Also anything written/stamped on any of the components.

Terry

unbeldi

Here is one from 1959:

AE_Collector

Finally their"Northlake" stickers arrived! However the printer left the patent dates and even the patent years off of them.

That 1959 set isn't one that we have any option of getting more info from presumably?

Terry

unbeldi

Nothing particularly interesting about it.  Hi-Z ringer, D-56514-A SL, plain black trim (fingerwheel, carry-bar, handset). Z/0/Operator metro dial, 9-conductor cord.
L4111 GSL   7-59-6;  D-780575-A Northlake

AE_Collector

The two letter code from various components to compare to the date code would be good to have.

Terry

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on January 31, 2017, 10:36:52 AM
The two letter code from various components to compare to the date code would be good to have.

Terry

Well, that will remain a secret, not accessible anymore. The pictures are a few years old.
I am sure the transducers were Type 81. I don't think they made any 41 elements anymore in Northlake.

Fabius

Inside i found a small sheet that shows connections for "old cord" and "new cord". Though in the photo the type looks black it is actually the type of blue that indicates it is the product mimeograph.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905