"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

whitening the white vinyl ring (disc) of princess dialer

Started by princessphone, December 22, 2014, 01:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

princessphone

Hi there,
I read with great interest Dan's topic "Peroxide Treatment". Has anyone tried this treatment on the white vinyl rings on princess phones. They are located underneath the opaque (frosty) dial shroud. I've some that are very discoloured even on both sides. A nice bright dial would surely give some of my old princesses a welcome facelift.
I've tried bleach, CLR, Novus but all with very limited success. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
John DeJonge

HarrySmith

There are many variants of the peroxide treatment. A search here will bring up lots of posts on the topic. While I have not tried it on that particular part, I have had great success using peroxide hair treatment. Available at Sally's Beauty Supply and I am sure other beauty retailers. Called Salon Care, I use the crème versus the liquid as it spreads easier and stays put evenly. I used the 20% formula but there are other strengths.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

I don't know abou vinyl with peroxide.  Have you considered just painting it white?
-Bill G

princessphone

Thanks for sugestions Harry & Bill. I think I''l give the peroxide treatment a try since I also want to try to whiten one of my princesses a bit. I'll post the results. Thanks, John