News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Accidental damage to "perfect" phones (...or, "When to commit suicide?")

Started by mr_a500, October 01, 2010, 11:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dewdrop

I haven't dropped or broken anything yet (knock on wood), but I lost a phone part. Its been driving me NUTS trying to find it. I've looked and looked.

I know it didn't go down the drain, I keep stainless steel sink drain screens on both sides of the utility room sink where dirty phones are cleaned.

Ever happened to any of you? "losing a phone part"

Debbie
Debbie

JorgeAmely

I see some nuts on the left part of the picture. The flash button could still be attached to the rest in the innards of this phone. Have you checked?
Jorge

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dewdrop

Here's the inside parts. NO flash button! Now I know what the part is called. Thanks

Debbie
Debbie

mr_a500

I'm impressed with the grief-stricken cartoon characters you added to each picture.

Dewdrop

Showing my true feelings....

I'll add a big happy cartoon character if I ever find that little "sucker".

Debbie
Debbie

Kenny C

I ruined a #5 dial. I was oiling the dial when the dial cam fell out of my hand, I rolled my chair back to pick it up and"CRACK" that was it.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dave F

My wife says I'm like a bull in a china shop.  There's almost nothing that I can't damage or ruin without really trying too hard.  Luckily, my clumsiness has not yet extended its reach into my phone collection, and all your stories have given me a new reason to tread softly.  (I can just picture my 1234G Payphone falling off the wall and onto a concrete floor!!)

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Check inside the vacuum bag (if you vacuum that area).  I've been known to have to sift through the vacuum dirt to find a tiny screw that I dropped.

Patience is something I have tried to learn over the years.  Just this morning as I was dismantling a phone that has probably not been touched in 50 years.....I said to myself....now don't break it Dennis, be careful....don't force anything.....

It happens to all of us eventually.

Dewdrop

Speaking of vacuum cleaners. My mother recently knocked out a 1/4 ct. round diamond out of her ring. My sister and her sifted through her Rainbow vacuum cleaner (water and dirt). No such luck.  There's no telling where she lost it. She's already had it replaced.

Back to the missing flash button, I guess I'll move the washer and dryer out and looked under there. These white parts have been outside before soaking in the sun (bleach and water) a few months back. I soak them in a clear container (salad comes in). We only have birds, squirrels, and golfers that come into our yard. Don't think they lifted it. Golfers only come looking for their LOST golf balls. Sometimes we put our egg shells out in the yard (birds will eat them) and we've seen the golfers come up to them, look down, then step on them. Ha, Ha.

Debbie
Debbie

Dennis Markham

That's funny, Debbie.  Those little soap golf balls would be fun to plant out there too. 

Your flash button will be in the last place you look.  :)

Dave F

Quote from: Dennis Markham on October 02, 2010, 02:13:18 PM

Your flash button will be in the last place you look.  :)

I've noticed that whenever I find something which had been lost, it's ALWAYS in the last place that I look!  How strange is that?!

Adam

Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820