News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1957 Ivory, I am happy!

Started by Dan, March 17, 2010, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Stumbled on to a buy it now for $15. Shipping only $10. All original 1957 ivory. He sent a note apologizing for the "stinky smell". The soft plastic smells GREAT to me!

[
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Jim Stettler

Dan,
The color on that set appears to be "true". It is very hard to find an Ivory set that isn't highly discolored. Great find and a real nice price.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JorgeAmely

Dan:

How about some under the hood pictures?

Congratulations on the great "cheesy" find. Now be careful, Tenite scent has been associated with "compulsive-ebay-purchase-syndrome-itis".  ;)

Jorge

Dan

Thanks guys! I'll get some "under the hood "pics up tomorrow . I just polished her up with Novus 2 and some f-21. The color is great.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Dan, you were in the right place at the right time.  Just can't let those soft plastic sets go when one sees them at that price.  No matter how many you have in that color.  It's good trade material!

Dan

You are right sir. I just need to find someone who wants a green with grey cords coupled with a soft red, and an ivory in trade for a medit blue(or any of the first four)
Not many of us out there have an extra blue, oxford grey, mahogany brown, or rose beige.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dan on March 17, 2010, 11:42:23 PM
You are right sir. I just need to find someone who wants a green with grey cords coupled with a soft red, and an ivory in trade for a medit blue(or any of the first four)
Not many of us out there have an extra blue, oxford grey, mahogany brown, or rose beige.

I have a spare blue housing and handset. You would have to be one of the three amigos to make it blue again.
I also have a keeper blue that was factory painted Green, I think the dates closely match including the green dial. The other spare blue got sold off last year.  I also have a spare rose beige housing and handset (both cracked).
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

GusHerb

That 500 is very nice, I love it!
Jonathan