News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay has been weak the last couple of months?

Started by rotary63, June 06, 2015, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rotary63

:-\
Am I the only one that has noticed that ebay has been weak the last couple of months?
There doesn't seem to be too much good stuff being posted, and when something is decent, it isn't going for the prices that they would have gone for six months ago. Just an observation.  Any opinions out there?
S.D. Hudson

wds

I agree for the most part.  Selection is down, prices are down.  However I have found some good ones on the BIN, and low prices are good when you're buying! 
Dave

WEBellSystemChristian

I've noticed that too. For the past week or so, I have found almost nothing interesting to look at. I think spring cleaning time is over for the most part.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

rotary63

Hopefully this isn't a permanent situation.  I agree it is great if you are a buyer, but I do sell also. I am finding that there isn't the interest there used to be.
S.D. Hudson

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: rotary63 on June 06, 2015, 11:55:55 AM
Hopefully this isn't a permanent situation.  I agree it is great if you are a buyer, but I do sell also. I am finding that there isn't the interest there used to be.
I think it's just a temporary slump. This has happened many, many times in the past, usually right around this time of the year. Don't worry, it'll pick up again soon! :)
Christian Petterson

Mr. Bones

It's mostly because I have been buying all the cool things as soon as they are listed. Sorry about that, I'll hold off, a wee bit... ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

twocvbloke

The last telephone-related thing I bought was this hacked up GPO No.3 handset (a home-made job by the looks of things), didn't really mention it as it's just a coiled audio cable connected to the standard 4T receiver and the transmitter section lopped off with a hacksaw...  :-\

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181735105255
(99p, £4.50 postage)

Other than that, there's not really been anything else that's caught my eye, at least, nothing in my price range...

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 06, 2015, 06:35:55 PM
The last telephone-related thing I bought was this hacked up GPO No.3 handset (a home-made job by the looks of things), didn't really mention it as it's just a coiled audio cable connected to the standard 4T receiver and the transmitter section lopped off with a hacksaw...  :-\

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181735105255
(99p, £4.50 postage)

Other than that, there's not really been anything else that's caught my eye, at least, nothing in my price range...
Is that cable gray? If it is, it would make a very convincing neutral gray cord for a 500!
Christian Petterson

twocvbloke

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on June 06, 2015, 06:59:00 PMIs that cable gray? If it is, it would make a very convincing neutral gray cord for a 500!

It is indeed grey, but it's only 2-wire, so wouldn't really work, it'd do for show, but that's about it...

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 06, 2015, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on June 06, 2015, 06:59:00 PMIs that cable gray? If it is, it would make a very convincing neutral gray cord for a 500!

It is indeed grey, but it's only 2-wire, so wouldn't really work, it'd do for show, but that's about it...
It would make a nice coiled line cord...;D
Christian Petterson