News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cloth Cords for WE 400 series Phones

Started by Babybearjs, October 22, 2011, 02:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

does anyone know if anyone had tried to reproduce the 16+ conductor cloth cords for the 400 series phones? so far I've only found 8 conductors available.  I sent olphoneworks some samples to get an idea if they could be reproduced and never heard back. any feedback on this subject??   
John

sebbel

Did you find anything regarding that. I'd be interested in that too.

Seb.

Babybearjs

still waiting to hear from someone about this subject. I'm thinking the 25 Pair cabling is the only solution....
John

sebbel

Yeah i couldn't find anything either so i did this for now. At least it'll let me play with it and doesn't look too bad.

I used a multicoloured ribbon cable. First I split it in half and marked the end of one half with permanent marker to differentiate them. The I further split the in pairs before fitting them in a nylon sleeve. This allows the cable to be fairly flexible and round. I just tied it in the phone temporary with a tie-wrap. I reckon it doesn't look half bad.

Seb.

AE_Collector

Coudn't you get that sleeving that would fit around a round 10 pair 24 gauge telephone cable? wouldn't be overly flexible but would be round.

Terry

sebbel

I probably could have.

I went with this for a few reasons. First it gave me a maximum of different colours, the gauge of the cable is that of modern phone cable so I can easily crimp RJ-11 connectors to it and last but not least I had it in the basement. :)

I've also had never seen a phone like this before nor the cable that would go with it so I don't know what it should look like. I just figure this would work

Seb.

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

twocvbloke

Nice solution there, and I have to admit, I haven't seen multi-coloured ribbon cables since I was a small kid at school where all the BBC Micro (or Acorn) computers were strung together with those multi coloured cables!!!  :D

bingster

You could also wrap the ribbon cable around a piece of rope or something to create a rounder, fuller looking cord.  And as for covering, there's always boot laces:
= DARRIN =

Tom B

Very nice Darrin - cloth covered cords.  ;D
Tom

AE_Collector

Can someone make me up a set for all of my computer cords  ???

Terry

Babybearjs

wow, now thats progress. thanks for the info... now, how can we get OPW to do this???
John