News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 40 Lg. Base Condenser Lead Colors (Need picture, plz.)

Started by RotoTech99, December 21, 2015, 05:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I need pictures of a large AE base condenser's leads showing the colors of each of the four leads.

I have a chart of where the base condenser wires connect in the the AE 40, but I have a little trouble visually identifying the lead colors due to my vision, and the color fade of the leads.

Can a forum member please provide a photo/picture of the large base condenser showing the black, brown/white, brown, and  green leads clearly enough so i can recognize them.

BTW: Thank you to those who replied to my AE 40 wiring inquiry... I have found the wiring chart mentioned and saved the wiring details the forum members provided; It will be highly useful on a AE 40 I am working on.

Phonesrfun

In this photo: (provided the iphone posts it right)

Upper left = Green
Upper right = Brown

Lower Left = Brown-White
Lower Right = Black

The Green and Brown (upper section) is the .3 mF capacitor for the ringer
The Brown-White and Black (lower section) is the 4 mF capacitor for the audio.

I took the picture with the 4mF section on the left, rather than the bottom, so if it displays differently, use the guide on the edge of the cap that denotes the two wires that are the 4 mF section.  The .3 mF section is on the side that has the D-68664-AR printed on it.

Capacitor wiring doesn't frustrate me, but the way the #@%& iphone posts pictures does!
-Bill G

NorthernElectric

If this helps, I have punched up the colours a bit.

Cliff

RotoTech99

Your iPhone posted the picture correctly.....the photos help a great deal as does the descriptions you provided.

Thank you.