News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted AE 880 any condition (fair price?)

Started by markosjal, December 27, 2016, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I am looking for an AE 880 prefer good condition & working but will consider in any condition. I want to use it as a "Car Phone" Maybe on an Xlink or AT&T Home phone adapter.  . Prefer Gray (if it existed???) more than any color but Black will do nicely too. Would consider other colors as well.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

stub

It exists -  AE 880 Dawn Gray -   Sorry, NFS      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

markosjal

Vern P

I have a few of these, but no speakers (as I remember), Lt. colored, (don't remember that either).  Need to look when I get out in the shop.

Vern

rdelius

I have a dark green rotary one that is missing the dial,needs cleaning and dents removed from speaker grill.will trade or sell.It might be to large for a medium rate box.shipping might cost more than the set

AE_Collector

Quote from: markosjal on December 27, 2016, 08:36:32 PM
Stub,
NFS???? is that Klingon?
What is NFS?

That still has me laughing! Stub speaks Klingon! Who'd have thought!!  :D
Funniest think I've heard on here in months! Sorry, back to planet earth now....

AE didn't make the 880 speakerphone in all of its colours of that era which always surprises me.
They made them in:

00- Ebony Black
10- Sand Beige
11- Dawn Gray
12- Jade Green
15- Turquoise
19- Gardenia White

When I first saw the colours for 880's listed I thought "they made an Ivory 880" but when I checked I discovered that the Four or so Ivory 880's that I had all began life as white!

I would think that a Garnet Red 880 would have been popular. I used a picture of one in red as my avatar for awhile but....Painted.

Markos, is it Markos? You are in Mexico aren't you? So is it Markos in Jal(isico)? What is shipping from the USA going to be like or do you regularly return to the US where you can pick things up?

And do you need a Touch Call 880 for your purposes or is a Rotary Dial good? Rotary Dial 880's are much more common than Touch Call.

Terry

stub

nuqneH Terry,
                    bIpIv'a'   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Doug Rose

Finally..... something I can understand that you say  8)...Doug
Kidphone

markosjal

AE_Collector

I have regular "mules" that bring me stuff and one is actually a good friend and retired Airline employee  that can fly almost free .  She has been known to make special trips when necessary. right now

I have some 8 WE and AE phones sitting in Texas that will be here in January. I might be able to get that mule to bring more as he is driving

My name is actually Mark. I was USA born and raised in Portland Oregon USA. I am dual national Mex/USA by birth as my father was from Mexico.

here is a question , does the AE880 speakerphone use full duplex or voice activated switching (simplex)? I thought it was full duplex.

AE_Collector

Oh okay, so shipping from USA to Mexico isn't too much of a problem, you just might have to wait for a while to get things!

Others can probably answer your duplex/simplex question with more authority than I can. I would guess full duplex without any voice activated switching. We went from using AE880's to using NT Companion 1, 2 & 3 speakerphone attachments and the voice switching in the NT units was noticeable after having used an 880.

I have several 880's that might like a home in a warmer climate so I will take a look to see what I can part with. I have several items to locate for various people here on CRPF and promise to get at it soon.

Terry