News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Croak-A-Telo

Started by 19and41, August 31, 2020, 01:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

I purchased my last OOMA Telo unit in 2016.  Yesterday morning, I found that my ROKU device and my internet access had suddenly stopped working.  I could get a couple of single streaming channels worked, but I couldn't get the sling to start up.  After calling ROKU, sling, comcast and ooma, I was left to my own devices.when I disconnected the OOMA device from the system, everything else started working.  I unplugged and disconnected the OOMA device and was able to use the internet and streaming systems, with no telephone service.  I've ordered a new device, a new one this time and in the interim I have to reconnect the old one to allow for my video monitoring of my home.  Much of the time I've had it, it has required little attention at all. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

19and41

Got the new unit from Amazon a day early.  I had expected to have to re-establish it's WIFI connections with it, but after connecting it it took about a half hour to go online and download it's updates and the video and alarm connections work with no setup at all.  This new unit is a improvement over the older, flaking unit.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke