News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finely, the outdoor booth is almost done.

Started by ....., November 04, 2017, 11:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It has only taken me almost 3 years to get this outdoor booth to this point. I bought it in January of 2015 with full intentions of restoring it right away. As life goes, it never happened. Too many phones got in the way. Fast forward, I have been putting some time towards the booth lately. Here are the results. I'm not finished, but I'm close. I still have to find or have made a Bell Directory Bracket and make an ad frame. I have my black 1954/57 197H installed in it. Some before and after pictures along with the thread I started when I bought the booth.

I also posted below a picture of my booth compared to the booth on display at the Bell Telephone Exhibit in Montreal Quebec. Very close in comparison.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13562.0

I'll start with the before pictures.

After shots.

Ktownphoneco

Very, very nice Doug !    A fine job.    Now Bell knows where to come if their booth gets damaged !

Jeff

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AL_as_needed

Cleaned up and fixed up very well, nice job! Almost tempted to say yours is better than the one on display!
TWinbrook7

Pourme

Quote from: AL_as_needed on November 04, 2017, 10:05:58 PM
Cleaned up and fixed up very well, nice job! Almost tempted to say yours is better than the one on display!

My exact thoughts!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

oldguy

Very nice job Doug. I've always liked those older outside phone booths. I remember them from when I was a kid. Rarely see them for sale out here in Sac CA.
Gary

dsk

Nice work! Beautiful restoration!
Never had such here!

dsk

Thanks everyone, I guess you can call it a labour of love.  :)

I still have a few small things that need to be done, I wasn't going to post pictures until it was completely done. But after putting the glass back in and the door back on. Seeing it for the first time with the door on, I couldn't resist. The door wasn't on it when I bought it. The one on exhibit is in good shape, it is just the lighting in the museum. It had been repainted over in the same manner I remember, right over the graffiti and weathering. That is exactly how I did mine, except I gave my booth a good cleaning first and only touched up what needed to be. I wanted it to be as original as possible.

I attached a better picture showing the lighting on the booth in Montreal.

19and41

Really nice work!  A vanished piece of history.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Duffy on November 05, 2017, 06:19:21 AM
I attached a better picture showing the lighting on the booth in Montreal.

(Actually just Duffy's living room)  8)
TWinbrook7