News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Subset wiring to WE 202

Started by Shovelhead, October 19, 2008, 01:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shovelhead

I've got a NE 584DX subset with a WE202. The phone was wired the the subset using the same input terminals (stacked) on the input side from the service.  So as I now find out this can damage the handset by demagnetizing it, which I suspect has happened due to people on the other end saying that they can hardly hear me.
So first, can anybody give me the correct wiring diagram for the subset. and second, anyone have a F1 handset microphone for sale?

bingster

The fact that people have trouble hearing you is probably due to the wiring being incorrect.   The demagnetizing effect on a 202 connected directly to line, is (as far as I know) limited to the receiver, rather than the transmitter, causing you to have difficulty hearing.  Given what I've picked up over the years, it seems like this damage happens to E1 handsets, rather than F1 handsets.  If you get it hooked up correctly, I think you'll find it works just fine.

Here's the wiring diagram you need.  Be sure to not only check the connection of the subset to the phone, but check the phone's internal wiring, and the subset's internal wiring.  Lots of these pieces get incorrectly rewired by tinkerers over the years.:

http://atcaonline.com/diagrams/102_202%20_%20conns_w_dial_wo_filter.gif
= DARRIN =

BDM

I agree with bingster. This is more an issue with E1 handsets and desk stand receivers. Not the F1/HA1 transmitter/receiver. Further, it's only an issue with the receivers, not the transmitters.

You probably just need another F1 transmitter cartridge. I've had a couple over the years that were bad. No amount of smacking them around, will get them working again..
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Shovelhead

Bingster,
Thank you. Referring to your diagram,all better now. For lack of a better statement, "Another crisis solved"!
Shovelhead

Shovelhead

BDM, seems that the yellow was connected incorrectly in the subset.
BTW, the T/O is still in service! What's it been, three years or so?

BDM

Quote from: Shovelhead on October 19, 2008, 06:27:51 PM
BDM, seems that the yellow was connected incorrectly in the subset.
BTW, the T/O is still in service! What's it been, three years or so?

Good deal. Once properly rebuilt, they should go on like the energizer bunny ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI