News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Thank you for your help - Western Telephone

Started by telephonyphile, April 17, 2009, 08:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

telephonyphile

Does anyone know what the Western Telephone Manufacturing Company was?
Was it the original name of the Western Electric Company?
Thank you.

I have a wood single box wall phone with the mouth piece stamped:
Western Telephone Manufacturing Company - Chicago
It does not say Western Electric. And there are no other references in the phone.
Does anyone have information about the "Western Telephone Manufacturing Company"?

bingster

I think you've stumped the panel.  I don't think it was the Western Electric that we know and love, because that company was founded as "Western Electric Manufacturing Company," and so has always been Western Electric.  I have no idea who Western Telephone was.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

The Western Telephone Manufacturing Company was formerly know as the Western Telephone Construction Company. The company was mistakenly granted sole manufacturing rights to all Magneto switchboard business in America.  Aparently the judge had mistaken Western Telephone Manufacturing with Western Electric manufacturing.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

You guys know more than I, this is not in my knowledge bank. 

telephonyphile

Thank you very much for your help on this and my apologies for the previous sarcasm in the subject line.
So, would Western Telephone Manufacturing Company products be rare and valuable?

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 19, 2009, 01:03:08 AM
The Western Telephone Manufacturing Company was formerly know as the Western Telephone Construction Company. The company was mistakenly granted sole manufacturing rights to all Magneto switchboard business in America.  Aparently the judge had mistaken Western Telephone Manufacturing with Western Electric manufacturing.
D/P

Dan/Panther

Telephoneyphile;
Absolutely worthless, just send it to me.
I really don't know it may be rare, or of no interest ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson